PDA

View Full Version : Some answers regarding the NorCal Trout Anglers Challenge!

AnglersPress
12-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone!

Angler’s Press here – the host of the first-ever NorCal Trout Anglers Challenge!

We came on here to help answer some of the many questions that have been asked regarding the up-coming series, and wanted to give you some definitive answers to those questions.

To provide some history, this series was spawned from last year’s Bay Area Trout Angler’s Challenge – on San Pablo Dam, that saw nearly 200 people compete for Klamath boat, motor and trailer package valued at nearly $8,000.

As with any newly conceived event there were some “kinks” and challenges, however, none of which were earth shattering, or precluded any the participants from having a great time.

It was the positive feedback we received from this event that prompted Angler’s Press, the Fish Sniffer Magazine, and the presenting sponsor Klamath Boats, to put together a complete series of trout derbies that would allow anglers who fish the many popular trout lakes in different regions of northern California to get in on the fun.

So… for a VERY low entry fee of $15 – with kids fishing free, we are presenting the first-ever NorCal Trout Anglers Challenge, to be held at five different lakes, culminating in a Tournament of Champions event that will give qualifiers from the five different events, a chance at a Klamath boat, motor and trailer package, PLUS lots of cash, and tons of prizes to win.

How it works is pretty simple:

You can fish ANY or ALL of the five qualifying events in an effort to make the TOC (Tournament of Champions) event. The anglers with the 50 biggest trout in any one of these qualifying events, will qualify to participate in the TOC.

At each of these qualifying events the top teams will receive cash and prizes, with a big raffle for great prizes, food, and an overall great time for all that participate.

Likewise the top 25 kids with the biggest trout from each qualifying event will move on to the TOC and compete for a new Kayak rig, plus prizes!

The TOC

If you are fortunate enough to qualify for the TOC – which will be held in Oct on Collins Lake, you will compete against the other top qualifiers from each event for a chance to win a Klamath boat, motor, trailer package, plus cash and prizes.

At the TOC, the top 10 anglers with biggest trout over the two day event, will draw for the Klamath boat, motor, and trailer package!

Why a random draw you may ask?

This derby series is designed with one thing in mind. And that is to give everyone that likes to fish for trout – whether they be beginner, intermediate, advanced, have a BIG boat, or just like to fish from shore, the opportunity of a lifetime to win a dream prize, while having fun doing what they would be doing anyway – fishing for trout with family and friends.

It is not designed to discover who the most efficient trout angler in northern California is, or to give a dream package away to an angler who happens to have a lot of time and resources on their hands, who can catch big trout.

It is designed for fun...and to give as many trout anglers as possible a chance to win the dream package of a lifetime.

We all know that fishing - even at the recreational level, requires some skill, but also requires A LOT of luck, and we are hoping that the angler who wins this derby, will posess a little bit of both and wins the day!

We would like for you all to join in with us to thank all of the sponsors – especially Klamath Boats and the Fish Sniffer Magazine for making this event even possible, and ask that you have patience with us as we work to present an event that California’s legion of trout anglers can be proud of and will look forward to participating in for years to come.

If you have ANY questions, regarding the rules, or have difficulty registering for the NorCal Trout Anglers Challenge events, please do not hesitate to contact the Angler’s Press office, as we will be glad to help you.

The best way to do this is by e-mail as we check our box several times through the course of the day.

Good fishing to everyone!

Anglers Press

916-768-0938
anglerspress@hotmail.com
anglerspress.com

AnglingWes
12-12-2013, 10:44 AM
You can register for the any of the events on the Angler's Press site at:

NorCal Trout Angler's Challenge (http://www.anglerspress.com/2013-02-12-04-39-10/bay-area-trout-angler-s-challenge.html)

The mail in entry form is also available Here:

NTAC Entry Form (http://fishsniffer.com/pdf/ntac/2014NCTACEntryForm.pdf)

49erbassman
12-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Thank you for the clarification!

If time allows I really want to enter for my son. Sounds like a great event!!

Fish on!

dilbeck
12-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Just for clarification, winning any of the 5 qualifying events doesn't necessarily qualify you for the TOC, correct? In a scenario where the fishing at a particular event is terrible, and say 2 tiny fish are weighed in, those fish might not be in the top 50 of fish caught in the qualifying events.

At each of these qualifying events the top teams will receive cash and prizes, with a big raffle for great prizes, food, and an overall great time for all that participate.

Never read anything about teams. Would you be able to elaborate?

Jfitalia
12-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Since I am the size of a child is it possible for me to fish in the kids division? I would really love to win the kayak! :cool2:

AnglersPress
12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Just for clarification, winning any of the 5 qualifying events doesn't necessarily qualify you for the TOC, correct? In a scenario where the fishing at a particular event is terrible, and say 2 tiny fish are weighed in, those fish might not be in the top 50 of fish caught in the qualifying events.

Never read anything about teams. Would you be able to elaborate?

Sorry about that, there is no teams - this is an individual derby. Thanks for the catch.

Regarding qualifying for the TOC:

The anglers with the TOP 50 biggest fish of any qualifying event will move on to the TOC - regardless of the weight of the fish.

In your example, let's say the bite IS terrible and only two tiny fish are weighed in. If they are in the top 50 biggest fish, you're on your way to the TOC!

dilbeck
12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Since I am the size of a child is it possible for me to fish in the kids division? I would really love to win the kayak! :cool2:

LOL!!!

Has the brand of kayak been confirmed? If it's a Hobie, that is bad a$$!!!

AnglersPress
12-12-2013, 12:16 PM

Yes of course! As long as you are 15 years old or younger!

Jfitalia
12-12-2013, 12:17 PM
So by biggest we are talking weight and not length correct?

AnglersPress
12-12-2013, 12:17 PM
LOL!!!

Has the brand of kayak been confirmed? If it's a Hobie, that is bad a$$!!!

No the brand has not been confirmed. But whatever brand it is...remember...the entry was FREE!

AnglersPress
12-12-2013, 12:18 PM
So by biggest we are talking weight and not length correct?

Yes weight.

dilbeck
12-12-2013, 03:09 PM
No the brand has not been confirmed. But whatever brand it is...remember...the entry was FREE!

If the kayak hasn't been determined, you might consider contacting them. I know they've kicked down kayaks before as grand prizes for other events. Just food for thought.

dilbeck
12-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes weight.

Out of curiosity, any reason why weight was chosen over length as the determining factor? Harder to cheat with length of a fish as opposed to weight.

Fisherman209
12-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Is it $15 per derby or a one time fee to fish in all of them?

AnglingWes
12-12-2013, 04:41 PM

$15 per angler per event.

Fisherman209
12-12-2013, 04:49 PM
$15 per angler per event.

I didn't notice anywhere on the registration to choose which event you want to attend. Is this something you just register prior to each event you want to attend?

For instance, if I just paid my $15 now is it assumed I am attending San Pablo?

AnglingWes
12-12-2013, 05:43 PM
I didn't notice anywhere on the registration to choose which event you want to attend. Is this something you just register prior to each event you want to attend?

If you paid online, I'm not sure how that works. I would Contact Anglers Press.

Fisherman209
12-12-2013, 05:45 PM
If you paid online, I'm not sure how that works. I would Contact Anglers Press.

Don't worry about that, you have been really helpful. I will contact them tomorrow. Thanks!

fishingfrieda
12-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Don't worry about that, you have been really helpful. I will contact them tomorrow. Thanks!

Hey fisherman, when you find out will you please post?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Fisherman209
12-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Hey fisherman, when you find out will you please post?

Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

fishingfrieda
12-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Sounds like an awesome tournament and my son and I are really excited! So I will say thanks to fish sniffer magazine and Klamath boats. Even if we dont win im sure we will have a good time. I know my son is going to win though lol!

FPT
12-13-2013, 08:06 AM

As of right now...we have registration set up to pay for events one at a time. But our AP webmasters is working as we speak, to make it so that you can register online for an individual or all of the events at once, and indicate which ones you are registering for.

Should be ready to go soon.

Meanwhile...for right now when you register, shoot a quick email and let us know which event you will be attending...

anglerspress@hotmail.com

Thank you...

FPT
12-13-2013, 08:15 AM

It is $15 per derby

Anglers Press

FPT
12-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Out of curiosity, any reason why weight was chosen over length as the determining factor? Harder to cheat with length of a fish as opposed to weight.

Over the 15+ years of experience we have in hosting fish derbies, we have discovered that it is much better method to determine fish size by weight rather than by measurement, as when things gets close, the weigh master has to rely on "eyeballing it" (which can be subjective) rather than relying on a definitive method - which only a certified scale can determine.

Regarding cheaters....cheaters will be cheaters, and can be found in anything contest - whether it be for money or for fun. All we have to say is woe unto the person that is caught cheating, as we will use every resource at our disposal to see that they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Anglers Press

dilbeck
01-25-2014, 10:08 PM
I've paid online for the first 2 events and am wondering if there will be a waiver to fill out also. If so, can we do it prior and mail it somewhere so we don't have to worry about it the morning of? Or is my payment an implied signature of a waiver?

redneckpunk
02-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Just curious if NorCal has a contingency plan for the possibility of lakes being unable to fish? Prior to this weekends storm, rumor has it that Del Valle is considering closing all access due to low levels. Recently the campground was closed due to a lack of running water and the south shore has been shutdown entirely.

~RNP

FPT
02-09-2014, 07:44 PM
We are playing it by ear, as with the series of recent storms (and more hopefully to come) things most likely will change.

If we have to move the event to another lake or cancel it altogether due to low water and or restricted access, all will be notified via the Fish Sniffer and Angler's Press websites.

Of course if the event is cancelled, those who pre-paid will be refunded.

Angler's Press

redneckpunk
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the quick response! Hoping for more rain for all the events

~RNP

frkntim
02-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Waiting for response to Dilbeck's question. Have the same on my mind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AnglingWes
02-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Give Anglers Press a call, they will answer your questions right away.

(916) 768-0938