PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa Trout ??

Fisheries Advocate
12-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Not much on the boards about Berry and it is usually good in December if the fish are on the top... Thinking about giving it a try next week...nelsen

Capt Nemo
12-15-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm of like mind and will be out there on Friday. Interested to see if it has turned yet, and hoping it's not too low to launch!

I'll post my results.

Good luck!

Nemo

fyrmedic707
12-15-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm of like mind and will be out there on Friday. Interested to see if it has turned yet, and hoping it's not too low to launch!

I'll post my results.

Good luck!

Nemo

I doubt you will have to worry about it being low. I was there about a month ago and there was a ton of water in it. Not low at all.

As for fishing, it was slow. Only action I had was in the narrows between the dam and where it opens up. Please let us know how you do because I want to get back up there!! Good luck!!

SierraJetSledder
12-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Water was 52deg at the surface on 12/15/13. Trolled all of Wragg Canyon and south shore past Skier's cove. Ran 4 lures on 2 planer boards and 2 downriggers from surface down to about 30'. Various lures in mostly silver and pink (Seps flashers, sling blades, Berkeley maggots and minnows, speedy shiners, Shasta wiggle hoochies, Uncle Larry's spinners. 6 hours no bites. I marked most bait and gamefish in the deep areas at 90-100 feet. Good luck, hope you do better than I did.

fyrmedic707
12-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Water was 52deg at the surface on 12/15/13. Trolled all of Wragg Canyon and south shore past Skier's cove. Ran 4 lures on 2 planer boards and 2 downriggers from surface down to about 30'. Various lures in mostly silver and pink (Seps flashers, sling blades, Berkeley maggots and minnows, speedy shiners, Shasta wiggle hoochies, Uncle Larry's spinners. 6 hours no bites. I marked most bait and gamefish in the deep areas at 90-100 feet. Good luck, hope you do better than I did.

That has pretty much been my story for the let 3 times I have been there. I was able to hook into 2 rainbows in area in the narrows around the rock slide. I think it was around 30-40 feet, but the surface water temp was about 62 when I was there. Glad it dropped a bit. I sure hope it gets better up there. Berry seems like a tough nut to crack.

cmcclain
12-16-2013, 03:04 PM

I'll post my results.

Good luck!

Nemo

Definitely let us know if it has turned.