PDA

View Full Version : a little hope out there

monkey916
12-15-2013, 11:48 PM
182381823918240 a few ducks around today my bro, got... this is inspiration for you... wht.rus...1st pic.male pintail...aka. bull sprig...2nd pic. male widgeon known as a bald pate... 3rd. pic. male/ female/male/ male/green wing teal...last on the end spoonie known as northern shoveler...nice bag...12/15/13... 3 guys with 17 total birds...:krzyhunter4ez:

hanahou7
12-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Nice mix...I haven't had it TOO bad, but only 7 ducks for the season so far:

2 Canvasbacks
4 Lesser Scaups
1 Mallard Drake

Good luck for the rest of the season...we need some weather badly :(

Waterdog
12-19-2013, 03:20 PM
I definitely need some hope. I won't be able to get out duck hunting until Jan 2nd and I am hoping to get at least a couple. Gonna hunt the bay from my boat a hopefully get some divers and maybe a few peddlers too.

monkey916
12-19-2013, 05:16 PM
waterdog... im gonna ask this question... i know nothing about the bay... what bay... san pablo... sanfrancisco... tomales... it might sound like a stupid question...just asking... anyways good luck if you go...:krzyhunter4ez:

Waterdog
12-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey Monkey, I launch at Beldon landing on Grizzly rd and hunt Montezuma slough and the sloughs around there. If yo go to the end of Montezuma it opens up into Grizzly bay and Honker bay. They are adjacent to San Pablo bay. I generally hunt the edges of Grizzly bay sometimes in my boat and sometimes I tie the boat up and hunt from shore. It really depends on the tides. You get mostly divers and sometimes puddlers like mallards. On good days it can be great shooting. I have been hunting that area for 25 years. If you want any more info just ask.

Hof
12-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Been slow for me. Shot 3 geese on Sunday though so it nice to finally drop some feathers. Sure wish these windy days would cooperate and quit happening on weekdays. I thought about comming down with a cold the last few days....cough cough..

Hof

monkey916
12-20-2013, 06:25 PM
well that's the thing hof... my brother went hunting yesterday... never even saw a duck... it was supposed to be windy as hell... and it was... but didn't start until he had to leave for work... damned if you do, damned if you don't... we just need weather...

outdoordude
12-28-2013, 05:09 PM
The weather report I've been watching says look for some changes around the 7-10th, plan your sick days lol!