PDA

View Full Version : HMB Rockfish Report 8-7-05

CORN
08-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Fished with a buddy yesterday at HMB. We got our limits of rockfish and 2 good lings in just over 3 hours. Caught the first 8 in 2 hrs, then found a small area that was loaded with blue rockfish. Everytime we dropped down, we got hit. We kept going back to it to limit out. Good thing it was quick because we both started getting a little seasick. We then moved to sheltered waters near the harbor entrance and tried for halibut. One takedown, short fight, and it was gone. That was it. Left around 12:30pm.

First time fishing with live anchovies ... too easy! Didn't pull out my Fatbaits or scampis at all.

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/1489/rockfishcooler9vb.jpg

usarfang
08-08-2005, 08:32 AM
awesome!!! were you on a boat that had a semi towing it??? i am just curious because i saw this one dude driving up in my city with a semi and a huge ass boat on the back so i asked him if he did any fishing. he told me he went rockfishing. and the boat's name started with a D. pretty cool that you acutully got a vermillion. i havn't caught one of those yet.
how big was that lingcod???

CORN
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Hey Steve,

Nope that wasn't me. My boat is so small, there's no room for a name. :D That vermillion was my first. It had such a rich color when I first pulled it out. I should have taken a picture right away. It lost its brightness sitting in the cooler. We also caught a nice China, which is hidden underneath that pile. One lingcod was about 28" and the other was 26".

Corn

Rusty_Hooks
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Great report Corn...Lots of rockfish this year!! ;)

HollyWentFishin
08-08-2005, 06:16 PM
That is SO awsome. Thanks for the report and pictures. REALLY need to hurry back out there! :)

sokoo
08-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Friend and I were fishing just out of harbor Saturday. Easy limit for me mostly gophers but with two 4 lbs cabezons (one went to my friend) and 2 lings one of which was a hitch-hiker and netted. total fish I caught was close to 30 lbs. Not as many blacks and blues as usual. My friend got unlucky and only caught 2. Also trolled up one baby salmon and released. Tried for halibut but no luck.

There was quite some bait between the habor and the green buoy that's where the baby salmon was from. Wondering if anyone caught any decent salmon there. Saw one boat fishing in that area but left before we did.