PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a charter boat in Monterey any suggestions??

jbenvenuto
12-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Hi everyone I am looking for a charter boat to take out of Monterey if you have any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it!! I will be staying at Moss Landing so 20 minutes to Santa Cruz which would be a better place to book a trip Monterey or Santa Cruz?!!

jbenvenuto
12-19-2013, 03:53 PM
lol what has no one charted a boat out here before?? I know you have anyways im thinking of use Kahuna Sportfishing has anyone taken a trip with them?? The days I am available they will be fishing Big Sur

49erbassman
12-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Never booked a trip but I have heard of some great ones out of Santa Cruz.

Took a whale watching trip out of Monterey once and seen a family of killer whales.....something I will never forget.

Fish on!

JB14
12-19-2013, 04:24 PM
When are you going? Rockfish season closes @ end of the month and it's pretty dead until salmon season after that.

jbenvenuto
12-20-2013, 10:18 AM
I will be going the last weekend of the year December 28 or 29th there are charters right at Moss Landing where I will be staying so thats probably my best bet

jbenvenuto
12-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Ya i hope we see some whales while we are out there too... would be cool to see a pod of Killer Whales I haven't seen them in the wild u close before sounds amazing!!

untalan1
12-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I will be going the last weekend of the year December 28 or 29th there are charters right at Moss Landing where I will be staying so thats probably my best betJust called the Kahuna out of Moss landing and there going out this sun with weather being good.I 've been on this boat and targets big rock cod down at pt sur,very nice boat and great capt.She mentioned they will be going out till end of season weather permitted.Good luck.Efren

jbenvenuto
12-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Just called the Kahuna out of Moss landing and there going out this sun with weather being good.I 've been on this boat and targets big rock cod down at pt sur,very nice boat and great capt.She mentioned they will be going out till end of season weather permitted.Good luck.Efren

Yeah I booked a trip with The Big Kahuna it looks like a nice boat to fish on and having dual engines with 900hp really helps!!!!