PDA

View Full Version : collins 12/18

CAL916BEAR
12-19-2013, 03:14 PM
So I hit collins for the 1st time yesterday with katfish, fished near the dam from sunrise to sunset for nothing! Katfish didnt show up til 11 or so and caught like 10!!!! I was using same baits/setup but for some reason they just wouldnt touch mine. I missed two hits all day and tried every power egg/ powerbait color and combo you can think of, just wasnt my day! Although I did have alot of fun fishing w katfish and his girl, very cool people! That makes two skunks in a row for me and im thinkin melones this weekend to get rid of the stench in a big way!

Grncrestliner
12-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Katfish must have a secret. I did not go until around noon and then I only fished for trout from 3-4:30. If you guys were parked down on that old road by the dam I saw you when I made my only pass near the dam. I landed 3 trout after I gave up trying for bass. I talked to some other guys trolling and they said they had no luck at all.
John

CAL916BEAR
12-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Katfish must have a secret. I did not go until around noon and then I only fished for trout from 3-4:30. If you guys were parked down on that old road by the dam I saw you when I made my only pass near the dam. I landed 3 trout after I gave up trying for bass. I talked to some other guys trolling and they said they had no luck at all.
John

Yep that was us... I seen alot of boats landing trout in front of us, but the other few bankers down there werent catching much.

Wolf74
12-19-2013, 11:17 PM
I was thinking about going up there and giving it a shot. Been kinda itching to start hitting the trout and have been debating between the Camanche Pond and Collins. If I head out on Sunday I'll post a report.

Chrome_Hunter
12-20-2013, 06:53 AM
i killed it last week.. had hits all day..what were u using set up wise?

CAL916BEAR
12-20-2013, 09:51 AM
i killed it last week.. had hits all day..what were u using set up wise?4lb mainline, 2 lb leader, 3/16 sliding sinker, 2-3 ft leader, no. 10 hook, and every color pb

Katfish
12-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Fishing was great cal916 just wasn't getting any luck that day. Used same set up as me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2