PDA

View Full Version : Folsom no launch ramps open

red boat
12-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Well I wanted to spend a few hours puttering around folsom so to granite bay we go with the red boat, well it is low real low and the last ramp is now 6 inches from being out of the water. It is a sharp drop off and lots of large rocks so no launching till we get some rain. Might make for some hungery fish if it ever does get wet. Just a heads up for all of you there are no signs that the ramp is closed.

Line Stretcher
12-22-2013, 11:41 AM
We could have a similar problem at Lake Sonoma soon. I not sure how much concrete is left because the end is covered up with silt and gravel. I'm always offering rides up the hill. That death walk up heart attack hill is killer now. The stairway to heaven (84 steps and steep) isn't any better.

GoneCountry
12-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Pray for Rain

buckman78
12-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Can you still hand launch a small aluminum or kayak?

BigBass77
12-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Headed to folsom today for some bass action, ended up with around twenty bass and some decent trout that decided to take my dropshot worm and a spoon. Was able to launch without too much hassle. The water is still dropping so it may be a problem soon enough. Make sure to use the left side of the ramp, there is a better transition to the end of the pad on that side, minimal drop. Tight lines and happy holidays.