PDA

View Full Version : Rollins 12/24/13

WHT.RUS
12-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Decided to hit up Rollins for couple hours in the morning. Calle up couple buddies and they were game to join me. Got to the lake around 8:45 with the sun up already. Lines out by 9 and the slayage began. Over 30 fish caught by 10:45 with limits for the 3 of us. Consistent catch at Rollins so far. No skunks yet. Good luck to those on the water catching some fish and merry christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

buckman78
12-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Wow, that's a solid few hours for sure. Looks like Christmas came early for you guys!

danweasel
12-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Ahhhhh, I wanted to go today too. Too much to do at the last minute!

-Dan

tjhunts
12-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Shore? Boat? Bait?

WHT.RUS
12-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Shore? Boat? Bait?

Shore as always. Garlic PB pink, chart, white and orange. Gulp chart and pink. Combo of 2 eggs. While soaking bait, use golden or silver kastmasters. Bobber with 3 foot leader also works with different colored grubs.

Hair Bear
12-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Beach? Dam?

WHT.RUS
12-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Beach? Dam?

Shore...

redneckpunk
12-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Shore...

Shore as in where the water meets the dirt? LOL!

~RNP

IronClad
12-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Could you give me GPS co-ords to exactly where you stood and to exactly where to casted. it would be much appreciated!

redneckpunk
12-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Could you give me GPS co-ords to exactly where you stood and to exactly where to casted. it would be much appreciated!

Dont forget to include exactly where you had your rod holders, set your tackle box, tied your stringer, peed on a tree, and the exact words you spoke just before every bite. Other than that I'm not asking for an exact spot

~RNP

WHT.RUS
12-24-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't mind sharing info just not this honey hole as its been producing every time we went out there. Would like to keep it that way as long as I can!

LURKER916
12-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Nice limits quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

LURKER916
12-24-2013, 06:40 PM
I'd be happy with directions to where Rollins is.

fish_junky
12-24-2013, 06:47 PM
More of Bragg post than a fishing report. If you would have said the Dam we still don't what side of the Dam or if you where in the middle of the Dam. Rollins is a big lake and a little direction would be nice. Don't need to know exactly where you stood but a area would be cool.

redneckpunk
12-24-2013, 06:52 PM
More of Bragg post than a fishing report. If you would have said the Dam we still don't what side of the Dam or if you where in the middle of the Dam. Rollins is a big lake and a little direction would be nice. Don't need to know exactly where you stood but a area would be cool.

Nothing wrong with that. Afterall, we're fisherman and 1/2 the joy is in the bragging. "That fish was THIS big"

~RNP

WHT.RUS
12-24-2013, 06:57 PM

Yes along with my other Rollins reports. If you looked into my posts, I've mentioned where I go. Besides, I thought a fishing report was a report of whether you caught fish or not.. They're there or not there..

redneckpunk
12-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I'd be happy with directions to where Rollins is.

I80 east towards Reno. Exit HWY 174 Colfax, back over freeway and follow the signs. Several access points so might want to use Google maps to get an idea of the roads around there. One favorite spot is called "Freeloaders cove". Take the entrance road to the Long Ravine Campground and just before entering the campground there's a fire road to the right that leads down to the water. Another is just before you get to the turn for the campground there is a large pull off area on north side of road. You can fish the shore from there across from the launch ramp. And another hint, the "pond" on the other side of the road, if there is water there still, feeds the lake and holds some nice LMs.

~RNP

danweasel
12-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Hahaha he called you a braggart!

That's just ridiculous.

-Dan

fishingfrieda
12-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Yep Rollins was on fire for me too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Cali Duck
12-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Heading out to Rollins on Saturday..if anyone is feeling generous and wants to PM some tips for a successful day out there, it'd be much appreciated!

How are the boat launch conditions? I see a couple of launches, are any better than others?

cmcclain
12-26-2013, 04:27 PM
I80 east towards Reno. Exit HWY 174 Colfax, back over freeway and follow the signs. Several access points so might want to use Google maps to get an idea of the roads around there. One favorite spot is called "Freeloaders cove". Take the entrance road to the Long Ravine Campground and just before entering the campground there's a fire road to the right that leads down to the water. Another is just before you get to the turn for the campground there is a large pull off area on north side of road. You can fish the shore from there across from the launch ramp. And another hint, the "pond" on the other side of the road, if there is water there still, feeds the lake and holds some nice LMs.

~RNP

Also, you may need some 4wd to access some roads. Not sure how much has melted off, but was definitelynecessary when I was up there last week.

Rugby Lock
12-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Second that on the 4wd for the road to Freeloaders cove. There was plenty of ice and snow on it when I went and while there I heard some guy spinning his wheel like mad, cussing a lot too, when he headed back up. Had no problem with the 4wd on though.