PDA

View Full Version : Amador Christmas eve

Sully209
12-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Whats up guys long time lurker here, felt its time to contribute to the cause!

Woke up early and hit Amador around 7:15 hoping to get my double digit trophy trout for Xmas, and of course my favorite spots were already taken.. Since I'm still too poor to afford a respectable boat, I claimed a spot between the dam and the spillway. Lost 1 fish while going for the net that hit a gold kastmaster around 9, and lost another that hit some white garlic power eggs around 10am and wrapped around a tree for the win. Finally landed 1 around 10:30 on chartrues PB before relocating at noon. Drove around to the other side of the lake in the campground area away from people and set up in a steep little back cove. Around 1:30 I landed another on the PB and missed a few more good bumps before packing it up at 3. Both fish were 2lbs each.

The bite was pretty slow for me but there were definitely some fish being caught. Didn't see or hear of any trophies. This was actually my best trip to amador so far, first 3 times I was skunked, last 2 I caught 1 fish each trip. But I just keep going because I want that 15lb+ trophy damnett! Ill get him one of these days...

-Sully

redneckpunk
12-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the Sniffer! Congrats on getting into some Amador fish, since the reports have been hit and miss. Keep it up and hopefully you will get that trophy.

BTW- the Amador Facebook page this week posted pics of a 16lb and a 10lb so they are in there
~RNP

sportygirl
12-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Respectable boat??? Lol heck as long as it floats fish on!!! Nice report!!!

buckman78
12-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Welcome and thanks for the report. And at least your catch rate is going up each trip! Mine went down and has been stuck at a skunk for three trips in a row. Hoping to change that this weekend.
At least you were getting bumps and getting some sort of action. You never know, one of those bumps could have been your trophy. Keep at it and you will get it!

CAL.NDN
12-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Good report sully. Welcome aboard. Kerp at it once you get the lake down its usually limits or more every trip. And plenty of hawgs caught through out the years there. There is always next time.

fishingfrieda
12-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the sniffer! I have been skunked twice there so good to hear you caught some!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

WHT.RUS
12-25-2013, 06:39 AM
Thank you for a wonderful report on Amador and welcome to the sniffer! Best 1st post ive ever seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sully209
12-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Ya I've been snooping awile and realized more info is always good lol. By "respectable boat" I mean something that floats and straps to the bed of my s10 and is dirt cheap. Had my eye on that Coleman crawdad in boat section for awile... I done already sank a $100 inflatable on Hogan trying to striper fish this summer! Got my eyes on this little paddle boat with a trolling motor now...

You guys have all helped me decide where to fish and what to fish with over the last year, so I'm glad to contribute. I may even give up 1 or 2 of my catfishn spots for yall this summer...

P.S.
Hearing all them 10lb+ reports outta amador left and right is enough to keep me going til I get mine!

Brutus20
12-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Good report Sully and welcome aboard the Sniffer. You've come to the right place. The help offered here is priceless. Thanks for posting. PS we love pictures .

...................Brutus.....

dilbeck
12-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Nice report Sully.

Ya I've been snooping awile and realized more info is always good lol. By "respectable boat" I mean something that floats and straps to the bed of my s10 and is dirt cheap. Had my eye on that Coleman crawdad in boat section for awile... I done already sank a $100 inflatable on Hogan trying to striper fish this summer! Got my eyes on this little paddle boat with a trolling motor now...

Kayaks are also a fantastic option. I actually sold my valco for my second one.

WhopperStopper
12-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the Sniffer. Thanks for sharing your report.