PDA

View Full Version : PP and MB bay trip 7-30-05 (pic)

MB_Kevin
07-30-2005, 11:23 PM
ONly went out for about an hour. tired from our salmon trip earlyer in the day. Just wanted to show dad how we catch sharks. my pole was in the water for about 2 min when I got a sting ray. then a *little while later panfish got a leapord shark. after that my dad was tired of the wind and we took off. *It was good to show him we can get into some fish quick. *I took him out once and we didnt catch anything. probibly one of my only times out with out a shark. We were going to keep one but panfish's was kind of small.
http://pstr-m02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/034/14/8B/96/E0/Yrs-c4QOnVK1uaIcgBsg0T9vZr45i8GZ0300.jpg
http://pstr-m03.ygpweb.aol.com/data/01E/69/D6/26/EE/zGqLoqxuHwBRCWN8mEU-6oMnsq6TdxCd0300.jpg

wading2fish
07-31-2005, 12:45 PM
Whereabout on the bay did guys fish at?

w2f

panfish_popper
07-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Genetech Beach area in San Francisco near Oyster Point.

wading2fish
07-31-2005, 07:34 PM
I grew up in San Bruno and worked a bunch of years in South City for a company that was up on Grandview Dr. just up the street from Genentech. I used to fish that area alot. That is where I caught a baby seven gill shark. It was tiny, about 12 inches long. I had never seen one before and it caught me by surprise the way it looked. It looked like a "real" shark. Leopards and sands don't look mean, they look like sharks, but harmless little sharks. Seven gills look real mean with teeth up in the front. Besides that seven gill, I only mainly caught sand sharks, leopards, and rays. How about you guys, ever catch anything out there besides leopards and rays?

MB_Kevin
07-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Panfish has. he got a 7 gill shark. a striper and a flownder out of the bay. Me just bull head, sharks rays and king fish. I did hook into what I think was a stergion or some crazy big bass but that thing took me for a ride for many minits then snapped my 80# line :o dont know what it was but was not a ray it was all over the place quick. these were not all got at genetech but in the area.

wading2fish
08-01-2005, 12:40 PM
MB,

When I catch bullheads and kingfish, I use em as live bait. I only have caught more sharks and rays with them, but I would like to think that my chances of catching a nice striper would improve with live bait than with squid or pile worms or frozen bait. I especially like the bullheads, those suckers are resilient! They stay alive all day, if you hook em just right, thru the tail. They'll stay alive on your hook for hours.

w2f

MB_Kevin
08-02-2005, 10:27 PM
yea that is true. I never have tried it. If I had my choice of bait I think it would be the little crabs you see by shore. the one striper we did catch there when I cleaned it it had like 10 of them in it. some still alive :o I bet if you hooked one of those up and put it out there you would get a nice striper. (I never tried it but bet it would work as good as anything)

wading2fish
08-03-2005, 05:21 AM
Good idea also, those little crabs are all over the place. And that striper's belly was full of em.

w2f

MB_Kevin
08-03-2005, 08:41 PM
yea it was. I wont post pic because they are kind of nasty :P

wading2fish
08-03-2005, 08:53 PM
You gotta pic? POST it!

MB_Kevin
08-04-2005, 09:51 PM
OK maybe tomorrow when I have time but we need to put a warning :P not suitable for the week stomach.