PDA

View Full Version : Trout planting schedules?

Rugby Lock
12-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Hey Sniffers,

Got a question for y'all. Where do you get your information on when and where the plants will occur? I know about the DFW site and do check it regularly but what about the counties and utilities like PG&E?

Jfitalia
12-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Hey Sniffers,

Got a question for y'all. Where do you get your information on when and where the plants will occur? I know about the DFW site and do check it regularly but what about the counties and utilities like PG&E?

You will only find a schedule for dfw fish. The private stocks for lakes are not advertised because they do not want anglers r
targeting the stocking days.

Jetspray
12-30-2013, 09:03 AM
From what I know about the internet (limited) I hear that they (some planting outfits) post on Facebook. You might want to give that a try........Jetspray

Jfitalia
12-30-2013, 09:39 AM
From what I know about the internet (limited) I hear that they (some planting outfits) post on Facebook. You might want to give that a try........Jetspray

They will post after they stock. However none of them post what day they will actually be stocking in advance. I can tell you that Camanche usually stocks every tuesday.

Jetspray
12-30-2013, 09:44 AM
They will post after they stock. However none of them post what day they will actually be stocking in advance. I can tell you that Camanche usually stocks every tuesday.
I know a "guy" who knows when they wake up and their preferences for breakfast, usually their first names
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:..........Jetspray

fat fish
12-30-2013, 10:28 AM
I know a "guy" who knows when they wake up and their preferences for breakfast, usually their first names:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:..........Jetsp rayHahahahahaha...ur too funny...I think I know that guy too.

XPL051v3
12-30-2013, 12:48 PM
I know some websites for lakes like Collins Lake :: Northern California Fishing, Camping and Boating (http://www.collinslake.com) will say when they planted, not exactly the specific day but remember or at least to me they plant on off days like middle of the week like a Wednesday or Thursday. For this year on the website they are done planting this year and won't start planting again until next springs.

-Xzi

Jetspray
12-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Hahahahahaha...ur too funny...I think I know that guy too.

Well I love that "guy" he is a good friend he can keep a secret, but he is not a great friend yet (that's a guy who will help you bury the bodies):help::bananadevil::bananadevil::bananadevi l::bananadevil::bananadevil:.........Jetspray

Jfitalia
12-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Guys I think the OP is looking for a schedule on when they lakes will be planted. He wants to know in advance not after the fact. At least that's the I read his question.

Jetspray
12-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Guys I think the OP is looking for a schedule on when they lakes will be planted. He wants to know in advance not after the fact. At least that's the I read his question.
Some guys have the ability to "Sniff" the air and know when the truck spout will get close to water, I'm just sayin':grin:........Jetspray

Captain Compassion
12-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Join the Psychic Friends Network. http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/Haha.gif

In all seriousness there is no such list. Experience, persistance and luck.

CC

Jetspray
12-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Join the Psychic Friends Network. http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/Haha.gif

In all seriousness there is no such list. Experience, persistance and luck.

CC
You do as well at fishing as you do at following the trout truck PA PA. I will look forward to fishing with you in 2014...........Dave Peterson (Jetspray)

Captain Compassion
12-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Another thing you can do is make friends with the guy that does the stocking.:grin:

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/081507-08.jpg

CC

redneckpunk
12-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Another thing you can do is make friends with the guy that does the stocking.:grin:

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/081507-08.jpg

CC

Guess that works. I was going to suggest throwing down a 6 pack every once in awhile when you do see "the man"

Can also tell you, from experience, that Collins doesnt always plant during the week. We've been there on 2 occasions when the planting was done on a weekend. Both times however it was done late in the evenning when most anglers had left the lake

~RNP

Captain Compassion
12-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Guess that works. I was going to suggest throwing down a 6 pack every once in awhile when you do see "the man"

Can also tell you, from experience, that Collins doesnt always plant during the week. We've been there on 2 occasions when the planting was done on a weekend. Both times however it was done late in the evenning when most anglers had left the lake

Some places that stock Chamber of Commerce trout want potential fishermen to know that there are good fish to be had. These stocks are to entice people to come and spend their money. Look at their Facebook pages. Check the web pages to various counties, local governments and resorts. Certainly most folks know that in season trout will be stocked at Amador every week. Usually on a Tuesday.

CC

CAL916BEAR
12-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Some places that stock Chamber of Commerce trout want potential fishermen to know that there are good fish to be had. These stocks are to entice people to come and spend their money. Look at their Facebook pages. Check the web pages to various counties, local governments and resorts. Certainly most folks know that in season trout will be stocked at Amador every week. Usually on a Tuesday.

CC

I thought amador was planting everyday now? M-f???

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2