PDA

View Full Version : Collins lake New Year's Eve

profisha
12-31-2013, 08:31 PM
I took a buddy out to Collins today to see if we could find the wide open bite I had 2.5 weeks ago.
Anyways started slow just like last week but as the day warmed so did the fishing. We landed 14 all released and missed and lost several...
Trolled Arctic Fox trolling flies and grubs at 1.8-2.2 mph from 5ft - 15ft down On the wire. One of the fish had a hook hole from a previous release. No big ones just average planters... Good luck. Only a few trout trollers out today with just as many bass fisherman.

DannyM
01-01-2014, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the post. Was thinking about taking my Grandsons out
there this weekend.

WHT.RUS
01-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks fir the report. Looks like a hit or miss at Collins right now based on other reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

profisha
01-01-2014, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=WHT.RUS;981033]Thanks fir the report. Looks like a hit or miss at Collins right now based on other reports.

I believe you can get them, they become more active as the day warms and you have to find them and focus on the area where your getting the bites. My last 2 trips they were in same general area but not the exact specific spot. I see a lot of people head towards the dam, I only made a couple passes down there and haven't caught a fish that direction. Focus on the launch ramp towards the river. Also, if I'm trolling to slow I won't get a bite.

Good luck.