PDA

View Full Version : Two pole stamp

saizo
01-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Went to get my license today at big 5. Was surprised to see that they are trying to charge for the two pole stamp. 14 something. I have my lifetime license and stamps. Can they do that? Charge me for something that I already paid for? I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

JB14
01-01-2014, 06:04 PM
I think the lifetime license only covers the license and not any of the tags such as 2 pole, sturgeon, etc. I think I recall reading that but can't remember where.

redneckpunk
01-01-2014, 06:38 PM
If you purchased the the additional Fishing Privilege Package ($345+/-) on top of your Lifetime License you "receive a Second-Rod Stamp, an Ocean Enhancement Stamp, a North Coast Salmon Report Card and a Steelhead Report Card." Otherwise, the lifetime license does not cover any of those.

~RNP

PapaGreg
01-01-2014, 07:21 PM
RNP is right, I'm not sure why the "second rod stamp" includes the other stuff, but it's there:duh:

I no longer fish the delta, don't fish for steelhead and don't do anything else associated with the "second rod stamp", except; fish with a second rod!

I won't go into why Cali-FEE-nia is raping sportsman, just wondering why many other things are included with a "second rod stamp" ?:whatsup3nt:

saizo
01-01-2014, 08:13 PM
I do have the stamp package as well as the license. I'm going to fish and game tomorrow. I'll report back with my findings.

Reel Fun
01-02-2014, 03:59 PM
I do have the stamp package as well as the license. I'm going to fish and game tomorrow. I'll report back with my findings.

Good luck....I called 5-6 offices today and nobody even knew the standard license fee breakdown? RF

clb101
01-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Saizo; Went to CVS drugstore yesterday and got my fish lic. asked for the second-rod sport fishing validation and she at first had a hard time finding the right bar to scan. The first one she scaned was for the lifetime holders and she knew it wasnt right. I looked on the screen to check the price and it was 0.00, so there is obviously two. One for a regular lic. $14.30 and one for a lifetime. I am thinking the guy at Big 5 didnt know that there are to diferent bars to scan. There should not be any charge for you just a formality. clb

49erbassman
01-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Sounds like you just got an uneducated employee to me

Fish on!

PapaGreg
01-03-2014, 05:08 PM
clb101, the second rod stamp for lifetime licenses is included in the Lifetime Priv Package, the cost of which is $341.50. The "package" includes a steelhead report and restoration card, a North Coast salmon report, and an ocean enhancement stamp.

On the receipt, the cost of the above is printed as; Lifetime Fishing Package (depends on age)

Lifetime Priv Package $341.50
Sport Fish License-Lifetime 0.00
Second Rod Sport Fishing-Lifetime 0.00
Sport Ocean Enhancement-Lifetime 0.00

It seems that the price is in the Lifetime Package, why it breaks down individually showing 0.00 is beyond me. Perhaps that's where the clerk was quoting from?:thumbdown:

FresnoJack
01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
?????????????????????????????

The fees for the basic license and additional stamps or validations are clearly shown on page 8 of the paper-bound booklet Fresh Water Sport Fishing Regulations available at any DFG Office and anywhere licenses are sold.

Fishing in California (http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fishing/)

A large sign with the same information is displayed at the front desk of every DFG Office.

Additional Lifetime Fishing Privileges (includes: Second-Rod Validation, Ocean Enhancement Validation,North Coast Salmon Report Card and Steelhead Report Card) must be purchased separately from the Lifetime Sport Fishing Licence. The cost for 2013 was $341.50. This is also shown on page 8 as are the fees for the Lifetime License.

Good luck....I called 5-6 offices today and nobody even knew the standard license fee breakdown? RF

PapaGreg
01-04-2014, 04:28 PM
My question is; why can't you just buy a 2 rod stamp with the lifetime license? Or can you? If so, at the current rate, it's roughly 24 years before you get to the $341.00! Why does one have to pay for something you won't use: steelhead report card, etc.?

FresnoJack
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM
My question is; why can't you just buy a 2 rod stamp with the lifetime license? Or can you? If so, at the current rate, it's roughly 24 years before you get to the $341.00! Why does one have to pay for something you won't use: steelhead report card, etc.?

Made a phone call to the DFG regional here in Fresno.

A "lifetime" Second-Rod Validation is included in the Additional Lifetime Fishing Privileges package and can only be obtained this way.

Otherwise, you will need to purchase the annual Second-Rod Validation.

I. too, would probably only need the 2 rod validation. Perhaps I will purchase a "lifetime" package and hope that I make it to age 90!

saizo
01-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Ok thx guys for the feedback. Got my second pole stamp today for no charge. Looks like the employee at big 5 didn't know what he was doing.

Katfish
01-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Looks like the employee at big 5 didn't know what he was doing.

What's new? I hate that place. Will NOT shop there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ReelJerks
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Sounds like you just got an uneducated employee to me

Fish on!

How is that possible?

Big_D
01-10-2014, 10:17 AM

You can't buy the second rod stamp alone as part of the "Lifetime License" It's pretty easy to just pay the annual 2 rod price when you pick up your Lifetime license. It's added to your license (so you only have one piece of paper) and you just pay the 2 rod stamp price $14.30.

49ersfan
01-11-2014, 11:07 AM
im in the same boat as you. i just wanted the second rod
but since i was spending the 8-- already, and i didnt want to pay 15 a year (and its going to go up). it was better to just get the package

PapaGreg
01-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Got an e-mail from Glenn Underwood at F&W, you can buy just a second rod stamp with the lifeime license, you don't need to buy the Privelege Package. He stated; "sounds like the personnel you spoke with are not familiar with the subject". :hissyfit:

panther
01-12-2014, 10:18 AM
I have the lifetime license, but buy the second rod stamp separately each year. This year it cost me $14.30. I call a telephone sales number each December (800-565-1458). The people who answer the phone are from Tennessee and are licensing agents for a number of states. Just tell them what state you are from. The mail me the current edition of my lifetime license, and charge my credit card for the second rod stamp. They always tell me that the license will arrive in 7 to 10 business days, but it is usually quicker than that.

FresnoJack
01-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Papa,

The question involved purchasing a "lifetime" Second-Rod Validation separate and apart from Additional Lifetime Fishing Privileges package.

Were you advised by F and W that there is a separate, stand alone "lifetime" Validation?

Fresno Regional still says no.

I note, too, that there is also no separate pricing listed for a stand alone "lifetime" Second-Rod Validation.

Got an e-mail from Glenn Underwood at F&W, you can buy just a second rod stamp with the lifeime license, you don't need to buy the Privelege Package. He stated; "sounds like the personnel you spoke with are not familiar with the subject". :hissyfit:

49ersfan
01-15-2014, 07:59 PM
edit: nvm