PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Near Marina Village Alameda

fresnofshfan
07-28-2005, 11:41 AM
My parents have a boat in the Marina and I take the zodiac out to screw around . The marina is on the other side of the estuary from JL Square

So I have some questions-

Are there any spots to fish near the Marina?

Is the zodiac safe to take fishing? Its 8' 5 hp.

Are there any bank spots?

What type of fish in those areas? I can adjust my rigs accordingly.

Thanks in advance

Fresnofishfan

redherring
07-29-2005, 09:49 AM
I work in that general area and some of the guys here will fish the estuary on occassion but mostly leopard sharks and lots of sting rays. Sometimes you might even be able to to hook up a striper if the tide is moving. Just a 3 way rig with squid or anchovies seem to work. Your zodiac is pretty safe within the estuary just stay towards the south of the port of oakland area as alot of large container ships come into the area along with a number amount of tug boats and there is a turn around area in which they turn those big ship around in.

fresnofshfan
07-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Im not picky I just want to hook up. Shark, ray, starfish I dont care! Are there any particular spots or do I just throw some bait wherever??

fishingchef
07-29-2005, 01:28 PM
we fish off the Alameda rockwall and normally hook a couple every time. mainly sharks and rays. I hear though that there are halibuts, stripers and maybe sturegon? For baits and rigs it's mainly squids and achovies on a hi/lo rig. but if i had a liitle boat i'd probaly drift/ mooch and look for actively feeding fishes. I'm headed out there tomarrow morning for the high tide. I hear it's two rods and no license off the roockwall! WOooooo style!