PDA

View Full Version : bodega rockies

brian_m
07-25-2005, 04:40 PM
just a quick note, went out with Capt Les up to the sunken reef by fort ross and got full limits of rockcod for 6 happy anglers. the ocean started out sloppy and bumby and lumby with think fog but once we got settled in the ocean laid down nice for us and the fog burned off......had a nice ride home and back at the dock around 12ish

SALMON_SLAYER_1
07-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Right on Brian we nailed them up there last saturday 40 rockfish and 5 nice lings,Richard Petaluma

brian_m
07-25-2005, 09:34 PM
hey Richard...long time no talk! yeah nice rockies up there but a lil slow on the lings!

beenfishin
07-27-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm heading to a wedding early September in Santa Rosa, and itchin' to make a break for it one day to catch some fish. Any recommendations on a good charter boat? I'd love to hook into a salmon, are they still around in early September?
Tight lines,
beenfishin

triggerfish
07-27-2005, 02:38 PM
beenfishin, Yes there are still salmon around then,last year we got them in late october. I would call up will's fishing adventures,or bodega bay sport fishing.

brian_m
07-27-2005, 02:39 PM
well i personally would recommend the six pack boat Payback...Captain dave will put you on fish!!!!! welll i recommend all the six packs out of bodega bay!!!

6 packs:

Payback, Samantha Irene, Reel-Lentless, Shell back, Calico and the Sandy Ann

i DONT!!! recommend any of the bigger boats out of bodega bay..

ive been out on all the six packs shown above and they are all geart!!!! and i used to work on the Samantha Irene and Captain Les is a great guy!!!!

any of the six pack boats!!!!!

mike22ca
07-27-2005, 03:34 PM
I slayed the lings at the farralons last week on the cal dawn out of bodega. Caught 10 and 6 legal. Won the pot too ;D

brian_m
07-27-2005, 04:36 PM
mike22ca, the Cal Dawn does not run out of Bodega...it runs out of the sf bay.... ::)

triggerfish
07-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Beenfishing,Yea stay off the big boats! You wouldn't want to catch a 41 lb.ling cod. Rick on the new sea angler has been around for-ever,and just about knows where every little spot that holds fish.

Fish King
07-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey Triggerfish, are you being sarcastic? It sounds like your saying that it's a bad thing to catch a 41 pound ling. Rick does know just about every area around here that holds fish, but I would definitely recommend the 6-pack boats if you're willing to spend the extra money. :)

Team_Sheryl_Lee
07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
bigger the boat = smoother the ride

smaller the boat = more one on one with capt and crew

TSL

brian_m
07-28-2005, 07:43 PM
sure you could go on the bigger boats...and pay to go out on a day that is not fishible or fun...there are pleanty of captains out of bodega that about know where every little spot that holds fish. it just depends if you wanna go out on a good day and have fun or go out on a day where no fishing boat should be out and get banged up...its up to you though!

triggerfish
07-28-2005, 09:14 PM
fish king, yes i was being sarcastic. I was just trying to say that the bigger boats,Like the new sea angler,etc. have advantages. and yes a 41# ling is a great thing.It seems to me that Rick always seems to know where the fish are. That is just my observation.

Fishbutt21
07-29-2005, 02:14 AM
Rick Powers on The New Sea Angler gets my vote for big boat and Dave on the Payback is an excellant capt on a six pack