PDA

View Full Version : Monterey Coast Guard Jetty

pulper80
07-14-2005, 09:49 AM
I have been researching it at pierfishing.com, but I was wondering - has anybody here has ever fished this place?

mike22ca
07-14-2005, 04:42 PM
I used to all the time when I was younger. My grandparents live in carmel so I'd always go to canery row and go there and fish. U can catch all sorta of cod, lings, eels and makarel and stuff out there. Good spot most the time.

mahito
07-27-2005, 10:47 AM
have seen people pulling in perch, misc rockfish and lings off the jetty. personally have not had much luck there. coast guard also likes to close the pier at a random time in the evening. (supposed to be around sunset but with the fog that can be as early as 5 or 6pm)

meatboat
07-27-2005, 06:30 PM
lot's of fish hiding in those rocks. Big ling's, cap's. I seen a large school of yellowtail under the ramp last trip all 2 lbs. Also halibut in the moring area. Big mussels on the pilings (don't eat them) Keep gear close to the rocks or drop in those holes. Used to be great crabbing but not anymore, maybe few hidding in the holes that will come out at night when the otters go to sleep. Black ab's to, but can't get them. Lot's of divers on weekends (100's)