PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot

sturgeonhunter
01-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Hi all, Happy New Year to everyone,just came back (http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/#) from here went for a walk with family and 2 yr old grandson.Water level low all docks inaccessible except Raccoon Point.seen several people with stringers at Indian Cove 1 with 3 fish other with 4 fish, then none all the way to Raccoon Point, lake all but dried up past Raccoon Point.Father / son walked out with single fish about 3 1/2 lbs all others were no bigger than 2 lbs

WORST DAY FISHING BETTER THAN BEST DAY WORKING

FEAR NO FISH - RIP SOME LIPS

sja
01-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the report. Been pretty slow out there this year. East Side bite (what there is) better than the West.

Hookin_Up
01-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Couldn't resist fishing Chabot with my dad yesterday, haha. Got one good trout (2+ lbs) right away, in the East end. Like SJA said, it's better on that side right now, but we quickly left to get away from the crowd. I wanted to catch more than one fish this time, which I suppose we did, with this bonus fish:

Whoa! Thought I had a heck of a trout for a minute! The fish was peeling line toward shore and crossed up with another boat that was trolling by. The dude was super cool and stopped his boat and left his line out until I was able to land this thing. Got one more LDR on our last pass by the East end, before we headed home for the game. Chabot still a bit slow, but another great day on the water.

Question about Electronics: we were using a new fish finder my dad got for Christmas, and we did not mark any fish. Tried to turn the gain up high, but we still did not see any "arcs". Is it feasible that we would not see any fish, or could there be a problem?

sja
01-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Nice catch HU..... hey, a fish is a fish!:naughty:

Hopefully its an issue with your finder..... but this year who knows???

bassman408
01-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Was out there with a couple buddies as well yesterday. I caught 2, and friend caught 3. Biggest was a 3-4lber. Nice little lake.