PDA

View Full Version : New Melones, Trout fishing

joebuckbass
01-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Went fishing saturday with my son for trout. We trolled for awhile with my electric trolling motor and had no luck. We talked to a couple of guys on the shore who had been bait fishing in the morn. for awhile and had 7 fish. So we tried a variety of baits and caught 3 nice trout. We headed home about 1:30 ,to get home for football. Nice day!!!!:heart:

RideNfish
01-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Way to go and change a plan for success. What area of the lake did you see the shore fisherman do well if you don't mind.

Cheers,

joebuckbass
01-07-2014, 03:00 PM
We were fishing along the long point by glory hole going toward the back of lake. There were guys fishing on the point and all along that section of the lake.

Steve079
01-07-2014, 05:08 PM
I was out Sunday, saw more bankers at TT then at GH. Seems all the planters have moved out into the body of the lake, and for the first time in a long while the trolling bite was very good. If you can hike a little, I think you'd find more fish, fewer folks.

PapaGreg
01-07-2014, 05:11 PM
SteveO, I think you're right, I was at Melones Friday (TT), and there were still some fish around the cove, but most of them had lockjaw! The boaters were coming in with limits.

Steve079
01-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Papagreg, there are 2 sources of water coming into Melones right now, the Stan, and Angels Creek. That is where I spend most my time.

JC2133
01-10-2014, 09:49 AM
I was out Sunday, saw more bankers at TT then at GH. Seems all the planters have moved out into the body of the lake, and for the first time in a long while the trolling bite was very good. If you can hike a little, I think you'd find more fish, fewer folks.

Thanks for sharing this info. I want to take my 4 year old out fishing. I hope we'll get lucky.