PDA

View Full Version : First ever visit to Shadow Cliffs - REWARDED with MONSTER!

OneTrueBob
01-07-2014, 06:12 PM
I spent about 30 minutes writing up a play by play on my day and the subsequent trout I landed, which happened to be my new Personal Best.... just as I was about post, the page timed out and I lost everything!!! Oh well.

At any rate... Here are the pics. Great day, which started out frustrating by not catching anything but a small shaker trout, which was too small for even my frying pan.

Stats:
Water temp 49 degrees and clear. Visibility to about 10 feet. Some grass floating in the water, but nothing too bad. Overcast and a slight wind at times.

Arrived at 8:30ish and on the water by 9ish

Trolled the entire lake using Mepps (2 colors), kast master (gold 1 oz), green rooster tail and 3 different colored and various sized Rapalas.

Landed the rainbow trout on Old Faithful: Jointed Fire-Tiger Rapala and trout scent.

In the net!!!

6.5 lbs, 22 1/2 inches and 7 1/2 inch girth

Jezebel the Jeep and Patricia Ann (home built flat bottom skiff) ready for the HAPPY RIDE HOME!!

salmonid
01-07-2014, 06:15 PM
What a hawg trout! Really cool boat as well.

Congratulations on that fish,

49erbassman
01-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Nice fish!!

Fish on!

mikeandkristy
01-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Very nice! That place will surprise you with a hog every once in a while. Congrats on the PB!
Kristy.

CAL916BEAR
01-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Nice fish! Great work! I gotta try that place one day seems like every year I see hog pics from there!

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

sja
01-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Very nice! Gonna have to make it out there myself one day.

RideNfish
01-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Way to go OTB! Nice boat and jeep.

FYI, I have lost to many post to what you described. I now just write the reports on my web mail and it is saved as a draft. Then copy paste in. Save a lot of frustration.

Cheers,

Treebeard
01-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Ditto on the boat, a professional-looking job.

I used to have a lot of problems with that time-out thing, so did similar to what RnF said - I fired up Notepad (now Wordpad). But lately on Fishsniffer, while I'm typing there's a little yellow message that says ""Auto Saved" which pops up every once in a while... it's doing it now... doesn't seem to have a constant time between saves, the last few arrived after 15 seconds, 45 seconds, and a full minute.

I'm letting this thing time out now... ok, it's been sitting here for almost an hour - so there must be something at work here that I don't remember setting up?

This post is mostly off-topic anyway...

TB

dkonrai
01-08-2014, 08:40 AM
i went out there on monday, my first time too. i also caught one right away on a dodger/worm combo (smallish 13") but that was it for me for the day.
glad to see you got a pb. nice looking rig! i didnt spend too much time on the lake maybe about three or four hours. i graphed schools of fish, however i didnt have what it took to get em.
there was a boat that was putting the hurt on the fish, boat said "trout pirate"
dino

ncreys
01-08-2014, 09:21 AM
"Trout pirate"......that guy is a regular at shadow cliffs; he kills them the majority of the time.
If you can get a chance to talk to him, he's always willing to talk about the lake if he has time.

Brutus20
01-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Well done! That must of been a blast to reel in. Cool boat by the way. Thanks for posting.

...........Brutus...

Prototype
01-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Nice catch! Hoping to get out there tomorrow.

HamandFish
01-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Congrats - Great fish !