PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Pond

biggvic
01-07-2014, 11:07 PM
I'm looking for a place with easy bank access to take the family fishing. Has anyone fished the pond at Camanche? If so, how are the banks and the fishing?

stefanoflo
01-08-2014, 12:05 AM
I'm looking for a place with easy bank access to take the family fishing. Has anyone fished the pond at Camanche? If so, how are the banks and the fishing?

been there 3 time and am still waiting on a fish .
for the cost I`m not going back, I can go down to Melones for free on the bank or you can pay less than Camanche and even get a fish . if you want the free access to Melones go to Angels camp go all the way through town and past the fairgrounds . go to the Big bridge that over looks Melones and when you cross over it , there is a left turn that will take you down to the lake . have caught plenty and have seen other as well. It at one time was a boat launch . you can find it on Google maps
Good luck
SF

CAL916BEAR
01-08-2014, 01:23 AM

The pond has always been great to me, use power eggs or worms near the docks. Or u can try the main lake at south shore, got these near boat ramp in march good luck!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/08/4a4yvy7e.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

CAL916BEAR
01-08-2014, 01:25 AM
The pond and both lake have easy access off the banks, great for the kids also!

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

shadbuster
01-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Fished that place from sun up to sundown last year for 3 days straight while camping for one fish lol. Swore off the place, but decided to give it another chance last monday with a friend, both of us were skunked. Did see some nice fish swimming around and access is good but from my experience it can get very crowded 20 to 30 fishermen so try and get their early. Water is deep so keep a eye on the little ones. Good luck wherever you go!

MarkdaShark19
01-08-2014, 03:53 PM
The trout pond used to be the place to be. It was never the easiest fishery, but to those who knew it it was good. My average days there 4 years ago were 20-30 trout, but they have since changed management and the fishery has never been the same. Still a cool place to go and take the kids but fishing can be tough. I personally fish Amador now.

Jfitalia
01-08-2014, 05:35 PM
knowing where you live may help. Melones has been doing really well.

Fish_Slayer1
01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
The pond is a great place to fish. I fish there all the time in my float tube and I catch a ton of fish. It's a great place for kids. I take my two year old son out there and he loves it. The fishing can get a little hard tho. It's all about locating the fish while fishing there. All the trout seem to always stack up at a single spot only. If you can find that spot you'll definitely catch some. I can't say for sure will it will be cause everyday they can be at a different spot. Just look for trout on the surface jumping. That's what I always look for