PDA

View Full Version : Folsom Launching???

red boat
01-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Read in the Sac Bee fishing report that folsom action was ok for trollers. Are they all in car top boats if not where are they launching at anybody know of places to shore launch a 16 footer. Just wondering.

Cali Duck
01-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Read in the Sac Bee fishing report that folsom action was ok for trollers. Are they all in car top boats if not where are they launching at anybody know of places to shore launch a 16 footer. Just wondering.

Not sure about launching at Folsom right now... I also heard the entire lake is a 5mph zone.

AnglingWes
01-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Its been 5 mph for months. If you can get your boat to the water at Granite Bay, you can launch. Car toppers and yakkers are enjoying the lake all to themselves right now.

crawdaddundee
01-10-2014, 03:35 AM
Its been 5 mph for months. If you can get your boat to the water at Granite Bay, you can launch. Car toppers and yakkers are enjoying the lake all to themselves right now.I have been there few times in the past 2 weeks. You have to have 4 wheel to launch but it can be done. Lots of boats out there last weekend. I will take a pic of the ramp today as we are headed out there again for some more fun. Concrete ends with about a 6 to 8 inch drop off then it's 20 ft or so out to edge of the water. It is all cobble and mud and you have to get your vehicle totally off the concrete to launch. No 4 W D........No launch. There are many places where you can back to the water but the lake has been dropping so fast that the last 5 ft. is pure sucky mud and 4 wheel or not, no bueno.

49erbassman
01-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Its been 5 mph for months. If you can get your boat to the water at Granite Bay, you can launch. Car toppers and yakkers are enjoying the lake all to themselves right now.

The fish should be easy to find too lol

Fish on!