PDA

View Full Version : salmon trip or striped bass/halabit trip??

MB_Kevin
07-22-2005, 11:35 PM
my dad wants to come visit and go out on a party boat next weekend and wants me to book a trip. He was wanting to go on a salmon boat but I know they have striped bass/ halabit combo trips in the bay and have never done that and have gone on many salmon trips. I would feel bad if we did the bay thing and didnt catch anything. does anyone know if they are getting them I know the stripers should be there. also If you think the bay is a good Idea now could you recomend what boat or place to go out of.
thanks MB

pulseczar
07-22-2005, 11:37 PM
I'd say always try new things. If you get skunked, it's al about how you had fun anyway right?

MB_Kevin
07-23-2005, 09:57 PM
true I just read thursdays fish report and it sais salmon boats are getting limits and sripers and halabit in the bay is slow :-[

pulseczar
07-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Well there's always another time and season for them then.

SEEKER
07-24-2005, 04:33 AM
Look at Berkeley and Emeryville and their pot lucks. There have been some nice butts caughtas well as stripers. The butts were off a bit because of some MAJOR tides keep that in mind. Look and see what next week may bring as far as the tides go. Plenty of fish out there be it salmon ,rockfish ( ARE ON FIRE ) ,or the bay. Ask your dad what he would prefer and hope for the best. TIGHT LINES and the best of luck to you and your dad. GOD BLESS, Rich
PS I myself will be headed out of Berkeley next Sunday for the salmon. ;D