PDA

View Full Version : Pacifica beach perch/rockfish

TroutBum01
07-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Can anyone give me some pointers on perch and rockfish off of Pacifica beach? I have fished over there many times and have not had any luck in a couple years now. Ill be fishing off the beach and the rocks and want to know what kind of bait I should use and what color tubes/gurbs work best?

MB_Kevin
07-20-2005, 10:14 PM
If you are going now forget about those little perch and go for stipers. they are hitting. use white hair raisers or pencil poppers on top. Might see you out there. look for the long haired guy with his waiders on. ;)

masterbaiter_916
07-21-2005, 06:21 PM
hey masterbaiter mind if i ask you how and the quickest way to get to pacfica...got my trailer and everything ready for the surf...

MB_Kevin
07-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Um well I will be happy to tell you but dont know where you are comming from. if you are comming out let me know and Ill help. Ill tell you the spot too because I would like to meet you after making you change your monkier and all. :P are you planing on staying in the trailer. I will help out on how to rig your pole too. I'm still learning but can let you know what i know.

masterbaiter_916
07-21-2005, 11:27 PM
masterbaiter dont even worrie about the name thing...ill be coming frm sac(916) buddy...i would like to go see the area first before i even haul my trailer out there thou but thanks bro...well fish togetther...if you from sac to ill take you to some spots on the american too for stripes til then...thanks again

MB_Kevin
07-22-2005, 06:34 PM
from sac I would take 80all the way up over the crockett bridge. then keep going along until you hit the bay bridge. tthen it will turn into 101 make the right that will come up a little while after the bridge for 280 hop on that then when you get up the hill there will be signs for Highway 1 pacifica and it will take you down to the beach.
* *bring waiders and a 9-11" surf rod with a good reel filled with about 15 pound test now. If you need too stop off and get some hair raisers at the rusty hook or top water poppers. and have fun ;)
Be carefull its addicting. especially after you catch one. 8)

masterbaiter_916
07-22-2005, 08:27 PM
master baiter thanks buddy...i work at a bait store in sacramneto so i can get stuffs at cost or a couple cents off ;Dwhen you it 101 is south right???
but hey mind givin me some repotrs from pacifica...

MB_Kevin
07-22-2005, 11:17 PM
yea its south. and its slow today. I didnt see any stripers :'(. you never know when the run will start. I have been out a few minits after a run and not got anything. or been out the night before and nothing going on then bam the next night everyone with limits.
*I would say today was slow but a guy told me he got 2 last night. I know hookie got 2 nice ones 2 nights back and his little brother pulled in a nice 24#er on his first trip out. I was there to see it all and take some pic. *If you want all the info you need for surf fishing go to the striper board and check the surf striper thread there is like 88 pages now. There is pic of my surf striper in there and alot of others. it tells all the spots and all the gear you will need its a long read but might be worth it. there is alot of us just talking but there is good info in there if you read it.