PDA

View Full Version : Best day ever!!!!

Troutbead
01-17-2014, 10:21 AM
Got a call and an invite from a fishin buddy that he was killing the trout at a lake he sworn me to screcrecy about. I can say that it is within a 3 hour drive from Sacremento. :lipsrsealed: We met up with another buddy and made the drive to the top secrect location. :ts6rp: We were fishing at first light and for the first hour we didn't get nothing. :skunk29gc:We finally pulled into a cove and we saw a couple of fish jump real close to the bank near the back of the cove.:fish_jumps:we used his super secrect lures and got them big time. We had to go all the way to the back of the cove and then troll out of the cove. Most evety pass we got a bite. we could only troll one way because they were all the way back at the back of the cove. We all got are limits.:jumping-smiley-011: including a few piggies. :flyingpigs:Here's the money shot.:moneybag1:

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj585/Troutbead/IMG_0305_zps056c87af.jpg (http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/Troutbead/media/IMG_0305_zps056c87af.jpg.html)

nvthis
01-17-2014, 10:29 AM
So, would you say you guys were more towards the back of the cove?

Troutbead
01-17-2014, 10:40 AM

we wood go all the way to the back of the cove and then troll out. Reel in go to the back and troll out again. must have done this 20 to25 times.

angryangler
01-17-2014, 10:43 AM

Why post if your not going to share? At least point out what lake. don't have to give exact bait, lure ect. Doesn't mean everyone will catch fish. you still have to present something they'll hit on. http://fishsniffervb.thefishsniffer.netdna-cdn.com/images/icons/icon8.png AA Out http://fishsniffervb.thefishsniffer.netdna-cdn.com/images/icons/icon8.png

joebuckbass
01-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Nice job sounds kind of like you were in my secret hole. I guess it is not a secret any more, just kidding I had a awsome day of fishing the other day my self. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!

jbenvenuto
01-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Super secret my ass lol I saw that pic on GOOGLE.

fishingfrieda
01-17-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't see any pics!

Line Stretcher
01-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Got me wondering so I checked and the Meta Data on that pic says it was taken 03/25/2009 at 10:59AM.

The camera clock may be wrong. You might want to check into fixing that.

Hookin_Up
01-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Sounds like an awesome day- Nice to have friends that will call you up and put you on the hot bite!

fat fish
01-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Sounds like an awesome day- Nice to have friends that will call you up and put you on the hot bite!

Those are the best friends indeed.

ncreys
01-17-2014, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=joebuckbass;984698]Nice job sounds kind of like you were in my secret hole.

LOL

Jfitalia
01-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Why post if your not going to share? At least point out what lake. don't have to give exact bait, lure ect. Doesn't mean everyone will catch fish. you still have to present something they'll hit on. http://fishsniffervb.thefishsniffer.netdna-cdn.com/images/icons/icon8.png AA Out http://fishsniffervb.thefishsniffer.netdna-cdn.com/images/icons/icon8.png

We don't require our members to post any locations of where they fish. It is completely up to the angler if they chose to say where and what their fish were caught on.

ampm
01-17-2014, 12:46 PM
We don't require our members to post any locations of where they fish. It is completely up to the angler if they chose to say where and what their fish were caught on.

sure, so what's the point of posting? hey i went fishing and caught a bunch of fish, here's a picture of some fish, yoohoo...I must be missing something.

Line Stretcher
01-17-2014, 12:53 PM
I know it wasn't my pond. We don't have planters.

Jfitalia
01-17-2014, 01:12 PM
sure, so what's the point of posting? hey i went fishing and caught a bunch of fish, here's a picture of some fish, yoohoo...I must be missing something.

To show that you caught some fish. I don't understand why it's such a big deal on the trout board to tell everyone where you fished?

I don't see guys on the saltwater sturgeon board giving out GPS coordinates. Yet I don't see anglers complaining there.... :violin:

I understand that people always want to know where we are catching fish. However they OP was asked not to tell where they were. He was obviously excited about the great day of fishing and he wanted to share. I find admirable that he stayed true to his buddies wishes and didn't say anything.

This board seems to be the only board where people get upset when locations aren't given.

bub1931
01-17-2014, 01:19 PM
You weren't lying when you said you got a couple of pigs. Couple of those are some real pigs. Perfect day of fishing, out with some good buddies, shooting the sh$%, and even catching some nice fish.

Way to go

Jfitalia
01-17-2014, 01:23 PM
also guys the OP has contributed in the past on where and what he used. So going forward this is a dead issue. :beatdeadhorse5:

KokeNut
01-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Troutbead,
Excellent report and pics!! Some nice looking bows you guy's have in the boat :1fishshark5rv:. Thanks for the post and pics!!Tight lines and rod tip up...:gorgeous:

ncreys
01-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Got a call and an invite from a fishin buddy that he was killing the trout at a lake he sworn me to screcrecy about. I can say that it is within a 3 hour drive from Sacremento. :lipsrsealed: We met up with another buddy and made the drive to the top secrect location. :ts6rp: We were fishing at first light and for the first hour we didn't get nothing. :skunk29gc:We finally pulled into a cove and we saw a couple of fish jump real close to the bank near the back of the cove.:fish_jumps:we used his super secrect lures and got them big time. We had to go all the way to the back of the cove and then troll out of the cove. Most evety pass we got a bite. we could only troll one way because they were all the way back at the back of the cove. We all got are limits.:jumping-smiley-011: including a few piggies. :flyingpigs:Here's the money shot.:moneybag1:

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj585/Troutbead/IMG_0305_zps056c87af.jpg (http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/Troutbead/media/IMG_0305_zps056c87af.jpg.html)
I had a super secret delicious dinner, with a super secret drink at a super secret location during a super secret time.............really.,.,....it all seems kind of silly doesn't it.

Jeepman775
01-17-2014, 06:44 PM
The guy is stoked about a good day, I would be too looking at the size of them. If I told someone about my rat hole and he went online blabbing about it they wouldn't be fishing or hunting with me again. Good on him for not saying.

That at is a damn nice limit of trout dude. A couple really nice trout there. Way to go man.

Jetspray
01-17-2014, 06:48 PM

I am looking at the past threads you have posted on and am just curious why you don't let out more information on locations and types of presentations you did to catch these fish.....Jetspray

salmonid
01-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Some really nice ones in that catch! Congrats for that, Troutbead, and keep posting them pics up!

I'd rather see pics of someone's catch and NO lake given than some report saying it's great but no PICS! I agree with J, members don't need to give out anything, whatever they do post is a bonus. We should be happy with every report or pic during the slow season on the forum.

Best,

TR4343
01-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Hey at least he posted there's thousands of guys who just take info and never post a thing lol

Jfitalia
01-18-2014, 03:36 PM
I am looking at the past threads you have posted on and am just curious why you don't let out more information on locations and types of presentations you did to catch these fish.....Jetspray

Like what was explain in his original post. His buddy asked him not to share.

snowbrowns
01-18-2014, 06:15 PM
That's a awesome day! Good job! I watch the forms quite a bit. I love seeing fish pics! I thought the silly drama about not sharing info was just with the brown trout! Sad to see it on all post! I can care less where someone gets there fish and how... I just like seeing the pic!!!! Keep up the good work and don't let the others bother u like they have me! That's the reason I don't post!

Starscream
01-18-2014, 06:58 PM
I just can't believe we are a forum and its like we can't seem to share info or something comon ain't it the called the fish sniffer. Its like we are all.members here, but can't seemto show our own members on what info of what worked and what didnt work. We are suppose to help eachother out and stop acting like u own the area. Or at least if we are afraid og lurkers then change the settings on the forum to only logged in people that can see the info or something.

Reel Fun
01-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Planter truck trout drama? Weird? I would hide a "planter less" lake that was producing...but that des not exist in CA. It may be more important to hide the plant day than the lake name? But either way no biggie.....Nice fish!!! RF

Jetspray
01-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Like what was explain in his original post. His buddy asked him not to share.

I agree but I am one of those guys who will hand you what I am using if I am catching anything with it. Nothing majic or secret to me, just good times with friends and letting them in on the fun. Just seems odd to me all together.......Jetspray

Jfitalia
01-18-2014, 07:26 PM
I agree but I am one of those guys who will hand you what I am using if I am catching anything with it. Nothing majic or secret to me, just good times with friends and letting them in on the fun. Just seems odd to me all together.......Jetspray

Yeah I know you will and I do normally as well. That's our choice and not everyone has to do it our way.

Hookum Greg
01-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Hey I recognize 2 of those fish, I saw them swimming in Davis Lake a few day's go, nice mess of fish

Reel Fun
01-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Those are good looking fish! Lots of spots and probably good eaten. RF

Afishinado
01-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Troutbead thanks for the nice post and picks. It is your ( prerogative, An exclusive right or privilege held by a person or group ) to post on this forum as you like. Afishinado

mikeandkristy
01-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Sounds wonderful but without knowing where it's just kind of meh..... Sorry, I share pretty much everything. We help each other out here and do our best to fish lightly to keep all our spots pristine as possible. Still good for you guys. Nice pics and fish. If it's Del Valle I will need more proof! I know every inch of that lake and it's unfortunately been going downhill for a long time now. Please prove me wrong as I used to love it!
Kristy.

JB14
01-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Never understood protecting the "super secret spot". Fish swim. Conditions change. Never made sense to me. To each their own...

IronClad
01-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Man, some of you need to get over it.

outdoordude
01-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Nice fish, I know exactly where that was, the boots give it away lol

cs3
01-19-2014, 02:58 PM
If his buddy asked him not to share, then why bother posting at all?
Anyone can google "trout pictures" which is basically all this thread amounted to.

fishingfrieda
01-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Scroll and roll people. It's very simple

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Reel Fun
01-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Brown trout maybe.....Steelhead sure.....Sturgeon ok.....stripers that's fine.........Planted truck trout...nope. RF

CRABBY
01-19-2014, 03:32 PM
This this has been beat to death!!:yoda1: