PDA

View Full Version : SF bay fishing

tattooed_angler
07-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Did a potluck trip a few weeks back and the whole boat did exelent on stripers and butts. I am gonna head out there next weekend in my boat and was hoping the fishing was still good. Any sniffers doing well out there still? Thanks in advance. Joe

triggerfish
07-15-2005, 05:24 AM
Joe, the stripers are at alcatraz,and under the golden gate. be real carefull about getting close to the towers on the bridge,the coast gaurd is being pretty chicken S%*#. They are handing out citations left and right.We didn't find any halibut last weekend,But We are going to see if we can change that,this Sat. good luck,Jay :)

superchicken
07-15-2005, 09:58 AM
I have been fishing the bay for the past month and have been doing well on stripers only one halibut caught in four trips. Went out last tuesday fished alcatraz no stripers or halibut ended up with rockcod and one lingcod, was too windy..

tattooed_angler
07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info triggerfish and son. Change of plans seem to be in order, instead of going to lake berreyssa this sunday looks like my father and I will be launching at berkley this sunday.
Any sniffers out I'll be on ch 68 and in the 19foot blue alumaweld.

panfish_popper
07-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Remember, Oyster Point area is producing too!

triggerfish
07-17-2005, 11:57 AM
well we fished the bay on sat 16th. ended up with 3 halibuts 34" 26" 25" and 2 bass 28" 25" it was a little windy in am and very windy in the pm.

MoMoney
07-18-2005, 06:00 AM
Where did you end up fishing?That sounds like a pretty good score to me.I have yet to get a halibut this year.Lots of bass but no flatties yet.

triggerfish
07-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Mo,we started at alcratraz? we were the 2nd boat there.Had 2 real nice hits and misses.then we stuck the big one. made a few more drifts then hit the 2nd one.after that the tide went slack.so we headed to seal rocks.still slack tide.No action, so we trolled bakers beach for 2 stripers. went back to seal rocks,wind came up. ended up the day behind treasure island for the 25". :)