PDA

View Full Version : fished los vasqueros, nice day

ncreys
01-19-2014, 05:26 PM
So I decided in the late morning to head out and get some trout for dinner; decided on los vasqueros. Had the lines in the water at around 1000. Throwing out one rod with mIce tails and then split-shotting a trout worm on the other rod just working the banks of the infamous south cove.
Long story short......between two fishermen and 5 hours..... 6 trout, 3 bites with no hookup, and two lost fish.played with them too much.
They bit on anything with orange and chartreuse and close to shore with a leader no longer than 20 inches or so. Oh..all were in 1 to 2 lb. Range except my biggie which weighed in at exactly 5 lbs. I know you guys want pics so if I can figure it out I'll post some. Thinking about amador tomorrow; not sure.

justintheegreat
01-19-2014, 10:05 PM
NICE. Wanted to take my girlfriend out there and hook some trout. But decided on the san Diego zoo instead.. Not my idea lol. I woulda went fishing. But oh well. Good catch.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

golfleep
01-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Nice job! I was out there in the South Cove at the same time today! But no trout for dinner. Were you out near the end of the road?

If you don't mind my asking, how are you rigging up your mice tails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sollimes
01-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Nice fish and pics! I might take the family hiking there this weekend.

ncreys
01-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Nice job! I was out there in the South Cove at the same time today! But no trout for dinner. Were you out near the end of the road?

If you don't mind my asking, how are you rigging up your mice tails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was fishing near the point in south cove and walking from the point to the end of the cove working the bank by split-shotting a trout worm. As for the mice tails, I like to use a #12 salmon egg hook(if I'm going to be releasing I'll use a#8 or #10 salmon egg hook either barbless or squeeze the barb close) and I'll just barely hook the head of the mice tail, just enough to hold it. And I like to use plenty of scent with mice tails. I also use two power eggs, keep them stuck together, and hook one egg like you would the mice tail and then take a trout worm and just hook the tip of the worm; I also sometimes wacky rig the trout worm, just hook it through the middle of the worm. Once I throw out the mice tail I like to give it some movement every once in a while by reeling it in a couple of feet, slowly, or by just giving the line some tugs, or by simply reeling it in and putting more scent on then recasting the mice tail; many times I have got a bite as soon as I cast it in. Anyway, good luck out there.:ts6rp::signfishon34hi6zv:

ncreys
01-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Here are some pics,.......

golfleep
01-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Thanks for sharing the info and the pics! Looking forward to trying it out next weekend.....

nvthis
01-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Heh.. Well, there's where all the water from the north went....