PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay Shore Fishing?

raiderron
07-08-2005, 08:25 AM
I'm heading out to Bodega Bay this weekend, I'll be staying at Doran Beach. I was wondering what the best bet for fishing is in this area from the shore.

stressor_jr
07-08-2005, 10:55 AM
some of my most memorable moments were catching rays out of the swimming area next to the jetty at doran !! using calamari wrapped with thread on the hook, will produce some of the best fun you could want ! don't waste your time fishing off the jetty, all you'll do is feed the gulls and seals !! ;D ;D

TahoeJeff
07-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Check out this site:

http://www.pierfishing.com/msgboard/

and search for any posts by RockHopper, the expert at shore fishing that area!

salmonbyte
07-08-2005, 02:01 PM
You can catch eels near and in the holes in the rocks. I caught a large rockfish in one of my box crab traps. If you can get across to the other jetty, the divers say there are plenty of lingcod and other rockfish to be caught. Before the season closed for dungeoness crabs i caught 8 legal ones on the beach side....

krumpy
07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
i've had pretty good luck on the jetty with lingcod and rockfish pearl or anchovie colored fish traps are your best bet for some nice lings.ive also caught my fair share of rays there too if you like reeling in a tire....Good luck!

brian_m
07-08-2005, 10:29 PM
according to krumpy....

so how many lings have you got off that jetty????

LuLu22
07-09-2005, 06:25 AM
I do not think that the turning basin by the Coast Guard was mentioned. Have a try there for Halibut.
Enjoy the weekend!
:D

Rock_Hopper
07-11-2005, 07:18 AM
according to krumpy....

so how many lings have you got off that jetty????

I've caught close to 100 lings off those jetties in the last four years.

And thanks for the compliment TJ!

sigmapirockstar
07-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Find the pier/dock and take your pile worms with you. The getty sucks-be careful of the park ranger, they WILL check all of your catch.

Rock_Hopper
07-18-2005, 08:14 AM
The jetty sucks?

That's news to me. If you know what you're doing it can be one of the most productive shore spots anywhere.

No wait.....

ACTUALLY the jetty DOES suck. DON'T fish there!!!

And why would anybody who's not poaching worry about being checked by the warden? I love being checked by the warden. I wish it would happen more often.

mookiex4
05-16-2017, 09:05 PM
The jetty sucks?That's news to me. If you know what you're doing it can be one of the most productive shore spots anywhere.No wait.....ACTUALLY the jetty DOES suck. DON'T fish there!!!And why would anybody who's not poaching worry about being checked by the warden? I love being checked by the warden. I wish it would happen more often.Yeah Well you are probably fishing on the cheap and not living up to your responsibilities.We camp 2-3 times a year on Doran. I have caught, Cabezon, Ling and many Leopard Sharks up to 5 feet in length. We trap Crab. Not once have I ever been checked by Fish and Game. I have been bringing in my haul while they were watching me come off of the rocks and they just asked how my day was and what campsite I was in. If you are a Douche A-HOLE that rapes and complains then they may pick up on that, but please do not discourage others from using this great resource for teaching our children. I spent may days in the Scouts using this area for learning resources.

nayr
05-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Great first post. Lol

1fishaholic
05-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Great first post. Lol
To a 12yr old post, lol

Kurac
05-17-2017, 09:37 PM
somebody resurrected a necro-thread

BigUnInDaBoat
05-18-2017, 07:54 AM
Yeah Well you are probably fishing on the cheap and not living up to your responsibilities.We camp 2-3 times a year on Doran. I have caught, Cabezon, Ling and many Leopard Sharks up to 5 feet in length. We trap Crab. Not once have I ever been checked by Fish and Game. I have been bringing in my haul while they were watching me come off of the rocks and they just asked how my day was and what campsite I was in. If you are a Douche A-HOLE that rapes and complains then they may pick up on that, but please do not discourage others from using this great resource for teaching our children. I spent may days in the Scouts using this area for learning resources.

Like the other guy said, solid first post. I think maybe you meant to quote the other guy that said the jetty sucked. Rockhopper is a badass, experienced fisherman.