PDA

View Full Version : Shaver Lake trophy trout program

FresnoJack
01-21-2014, 03:53 PM
The big news was the planting of trophy rainbow trout into Shaver Lake by the Shaver Lake Trophy Trout Project.

Dick Nichols of Dick's Fishing Charters and President of the SLTTP said, "Our club has spent $28,000 raised through donations to plant the approximately 2,500 rainbow trout ranging from 2.5 to 8 pounds. Each trophy trout planted represents a major expenditure since they are very costly to raise to trophy size in hatcheries."

From the Fresno Bee fishing report of 1/15

MattFromSF
01-21-2014, 06:06 PM
I wish someone would do that for lake merced already, it used to be good from all the stories i have heard, but all i see is birds eating planter trout ... But it is nice to hear that it would not be impossible to make happen.

Back on track, sounds like a great program, would love to catch a 5+ lb trout.

FresnoJack
01-21-2014, 10:33 PM
The trophy-sized rainbows stocking is done by Shaver Lake Trophy Trout Project, a private, non-profit.

I know that there are several members that fish this lake. Donations can be sent to the SLTTP at PO Box 908, Shaver Lake, CA. 93664.

I wish someone would do that for lake merced already, it used to be good from all the stories i have heard, but all i see is birds eating planter trout ... But it is nice to hear that it would not be impossible to make happen.

Back on track, sounds like a great program, would love to catch a 5+ lb trout.

FresnoJack
01-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Two big rainbows last week, 31 inches, 16.2 pounds and the second 15 pounds, 13 ounces.

Fresno Bee report (http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/01/21/3725859/the-fishing-report-week-of-jan.html)

The trophy-sized rainbows stocking is done by Shaver Lake Trophy Trout Project, a private, non-profit.

I know that there are several members that fish this lake. Donations can be sent to the SLTTP at PO Box 908, Shaver Lake, CA. 93664.