3 to 4 sticks of butter or margarine.
4 cloves of fresh garlic.
1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
1 tablespoon of garlic salt.
1 tablespoon of lemon pepper.
2 or 3 lemons.
A few sprinkles of black pepper.
A medium pot.
A casserole dish or something you can put in the oven, similar to what is pictured above.

Start by taking your butter or margarine and putting it in your pot on LOW heat, just enough so that it melts slowly on its own. Once the butter is melted completely to a liquid, you will add in all of the ingredients to the melted butter in the pot. Make sure you mince the garlic very well and only squeeze the juice from the lemons into the pot. Leave it on very low heat so that the flavors will start to extract into the butter.

Next, take your fish and clean it and scale it very well. Remove the head and the tail and fins. Put the fish into your casserole dish or what ever you are going to bake it in. Pre-heat the oven to 350 Degrees. Take your pot of the melted butter mixture and pour it over the fish in the casserole dish and make sure to coat everything evenly. Put it in the oven for a total of 25 min. Be sure to flip the fish over in the dish when the time gets to about halfway. After you take the fish out of the oven, serve just the fish on a plate, leaving the leftover butter in the casserole dish and take a spoon and drizzle the fish on the plate with some of the left over butter/garlic in the casserole dish. Serve with whatever sides you like. The fish will be DELICIOUS and tender enough that you can pull the spine and all of the bones right out of the meat!

NOTE: If you are making more than 2 pan sized fish, just melt more butter/margarine. There should be enough to submerge the fish halfway in the baking dish, like pictured above.

ENJOY!

SuperDave
02-08-2010, 12:31 AM
There's a heart smart recipe for sure! ;D

RickRyder
02-09-2010, 10:14 AM
All the melted butter or margarine stays in the casserole dish after cooking anyways, its not like you dump all that into your mouth...People who eat crab or lobster ingest more butter just by dipping then you would eating a piece of fish baked in it...

CrappieJed
03-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Ryder now thats Buttered trout.....:dancingorange:looks deleeeshy

Jetspray
04-03-2010, 07:05 AM
My only add to that would be 1/2 cup of your favorite white wine, otherwise it looks great (I also use aluminum foil to cover to retain liquid)......Jetspray