PDA

View Full Version : Amador yesteday

ej22t
01-24-2014, 08:11 AM
Went with sierrajetsledder (adam) to amador yesterday. The weather was great and so was the fishing. Adam caught the first trout trolling then we tried setting some bait out for a while. we werent having much luck with the bait so we went back to the trolling. I threw on a rapala and rattle trap and started nailing them. adam had some rapalas so he threw one on and I gave him one of my rattle traps. The bite was on for a long time, hooking up once or twice every pass. At one point both my poles hit at the same time. Adam hit the first fish but I hit my limit quickly after. we both caught our limits but we wanted Adam to get a big one so I stopped once I limited and just drove. He caught a few more but not the monster we were after. We got 15 but only kept 9. tossed back the smaller ones.

Kaban12
01-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Good work! Thanks for the report.

camotracker
01-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Great job. I need to get out there soon.

Jfitalia
01-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Great job. I need to get out there soon.

you better hurry. The lake is 67ft down and they say they'll allow boat launching all the way down to 80ft. I went in back to back weeks and the lake had dropped at least 4ft in that time. I could barely launch my 14.5ft boat with my waders on.

D Fish
01-24-2014, 11:26 AM
you better hurry. The lake is 67ft down and they say they'll allow boat launching all the way down to 80ft. I went in back to back weeks and the lake had dropped at least 4ft in that time. I could barely launch my 14.5ft boat with my waders on.

How much are boat rental fees at Amador?? and will they allow boat rental once water is down 80ft?? Thanks..

ej22t
01-24-2014, 12:08 PM

Yeah the launch is pretty bad. Its a 2 person job unless you don't mind your boat bumping the rocks. I don't care if my boat hits so I just launch it, Adams boat is much nicer so we launched it with me in the boat. I backed it out of the launch area and picked him up at the dock. Then when leaving dropped him off at the dock, he backed his trailer in the water and I pulled the boat up on it, hooked it to the trailer and he pulled it out of the water with me still in the boat.

PapaGreg
01-24-2014, 03:47 PM
D-fish, the rental boats are at the floating dock further out, not sure what they charge, but you can check out their website for prices.

Was at Amador today and it was slow in the morning for some of us, good for others!!!!!! I ended up leaving a little after twelve with a limit, started at 7:15am. One on a night crawler under a bobber, one on a rapala (released), 2 on peach colored PB, and 2 on white PE's!!!! Kept changing bait, they really weren't hitting anything steady for me, but I saw quite a few caught on inflated crawlers.

I was fishing about the middle of the dam, people at the corner nearest the dock were NAILING them!!!!!!!!

Picked up for me and the people near me AFTER they planted. Talked to several people at the cleaning station and some caught their limits on KM's and some on PB, both boaters and bankers. Some boaters were trolling with different plugs/lures and one guy in a float tube was MURDERING them with some kind of home-made bugger!!!!!!

Weather was GREAT and people actually cleaned up their trash, good to see!!!!!:vrolijk_26:

NaughtyFlashLures
01-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Yeah the launch is pretty bad. Its a 2 person job unless you don't mind your boat bumping the rocks. I don't care if my boat hits so I just launch it, Adams boat is much nicer so we launched it with me in the boat. I backed it out of the launch area and picked him up at the dock. Then when leaving dropped him off at the dock, he backed his trailer in the water and I pulled the boat up on it, hooked it to the trailer and he pulled it out of the water with me still in the boat.

Its a rough launch right now. Bring waders unless you can have some one pull the boat off the trailer.

Great report, way to clean up.

PapaGreg
01-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Forgot to add:embarassed:, several bass, b-gill and crappie were caught from shore, suppose they think it's spring-time:question:

Jfitalia
01-24-2014, 06:50 PM

As of today lake is 72ft. They said that they at only keep the launch open for 1 or 2 more weeks. The original plan was to launch until 80ft down. However they are shutting it down sooner. Looks to be maybe only a week left to launch boats.

PapaGreg
01-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Wow, that's going to put a crimper on the Trout Derby, unless we get a torrential downpour for 20 days!!!!!!!

PapaGreg
01-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Any alternatives for a launching place? The spillway area? Don't know, just wondering.

Jfitalia
01-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Any alternatives for a launching place? The spillway area? Don't know, just wondering.

Once the launch is closed no boats are allowed unless they're rentals. I'll be good though. That means I can use my yak or toon and not worry about getting run over.

Adoboat
01-25-2014, 07:20 AM
Better call ahead. It would suck to pull a boat all the way there and find out the launch is closed. Hope someone posts something, if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dilbeck
01-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Wow, that's going to put a crimper on the Trout Derby

Great point. Sucks for those wanting to fish from boats. Great for me and my kayak, lol. :smiley:

ej22t
01-25-2014, 08:10 AM
Better call ahead. It would suck to pull a boat all the way there and find out the launch is closed. Hope someone posts something, if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just called. They said they have no plans to shut the boat launch down even if water gets lower.

dilbeck
01-25-2014, 08:55 AM
I just called. They said they have no plans to shut the boat launch down even if water gets lower.

Bummer! :evil: :lolk:

Jfitalia
01-25-2014, 11:37 AM

I wonder who you spoke with then. When I was up there on Tuesday 2 weeks ago she told me at 80 ft the lake wouldn't be safe to launch boats. So they'll have to close the ramp. When I was there again on MLK day. I was told the exact same thing. Then when I called yesterday, I was advised they are at 72ft and they'll have to close or sooner than expected. Plus in the sac bee fishing report amador stated the same thing. ...

ej22t
01-25-2014, 08:54 PM
I wonder who you spoke with then. When I was up there on Tuesday 2 weeks ago she told me at 80 ft the lake wouldn't be safe to launch boats. So they'll have to close the ramp. When I was there again on MLK day. I was told the exact same thing. Then when I called yesterday, I was advised they are at 72ft and they'll have to close or sooner than expected. Plus in the sac bee fishing report amador stated the same thing. ...

I don't know who I spoke with either, I didn't ask for her name but that is what I was told. I called as soon as I read your post stating that they were closing it as I go almost every weekday. I'm in the trout derby and talk with the people working every time I go in and they have never mentioned anything to me about it. I was there 5 out of 7 days this week and at least 3 days the week before and my buddy went today. I'm not saying they won't but that is what they told me when I called today and they have never said anything to me about it. I will be there again on Monday and I will ask again.

Jfitalia
01-26-2014, 09:06 AM
I don't know who I spoke with either, I didn't ask for her name but that is what I was told. I called as soon as I read your post stating that they were closing it as I go almost every weekday. I'm in the trout derby and talk with the people working every time I go in and they have never mentioned anything to me about it. I was there 5 out of 7 days this week and at least 3 days the week before and my buddy went today. I'm not saying they won't but that is what they told me when I called today and they have never said anything to me about it. I will be there again on Monday and I will ask again.

Did you ask them about closing the lake or the launch ramp. I just called again and was told it's almost to low to launch. At which point the launch will be close. Again the lake will stay open.

ej22t
01-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Did you ask them about closing the lake or the launch ramp. I just called again and was told it's almost to low to launch. At which point the launch will be close. Again the lake will stay open.

I asked about the launch. Without the launch the lake is as good as closed to me.