PDA

View Full Version : Low Flow on the Moke in jackson

stefanoflo
01-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Decided to get some stream fishing for trout in jackson . normally with flow around 600 CFS during the summer and late November of 2013 . Thought Maybe a few Trout would be helpful in the Catch . when i go to the river . it was more like a creek . Flow are now around 50 CFS and upwards to 150 CFS . I saw more folks panning for Gold that fish swimming. Granted , did find 10.00 worth of tackle and lures . In all I'm worried what Summer will bring if we get no rain in March and April.
hers some Pics

PapaGreg
01-24-2014, 07:47 PM
All the pge hydro plants up here have been asked to shut down, Electra, West Point, Tiger Creek. There is NO water!!!!!!! PGE is working right now at Salt Springs, hydro department, when was the last time PGE worked at Salt Springs this time of year? Relief reservoir, which feeds Melones, is practically DRY.

BigUnInDaBoat
01-24-2014, 07:57 PM
All the pge hydro plants up here have been asked to shut down, Electra, West Point, Tiger Creek. There is NO water!!!!!!! PGE is working right now at Salt Springs, hydro department, when was the last time PGE worked at Salt Springs this time of year? Relief reservoir, which feeds Melones, is practically DRY.

I just got done tellin my fishing buddy how last years holdover fishing was so good, we had flowing creeks and that's the key. I'm pretty worried myself about the water issue, all of my family water comes from the PG&E "ditch" in Twain harte.

gbslade
01-25-2014, 07:15 AM
You are aware that the Mokelumne River east of Highway 49 is closed to fishing until the last Saturday in April.

stefanoflo
01-25-2014, 10:33 AM
You are aware that the Mokelumne River east of Highway 49 is closed to fishing until the last Saturday in April.

as well as downstream of 49 towards Pardee is Open all year.
stated on the bathroom entrance wall ,by DFGW
thanks for the info just the same .:dancingorange:

stefanoflo
01-25-2014, 10:36 AM
I just got done tellin my fishing buddy how last years holdover fishing was so good, we had flowing creeks and that's the key. I'm pretty worried myself about the water issue, all of my family water comes from the PG&E "ditch" in Twain harte.

hell
Pine crest should look like a Pond now???

Jetspray
01-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Post low waters on my Campfire thread:vrolijk_1:........Jetspray

corkscrew
01-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Bear creek res is a pond too.