PDA

View Full Version : Amador stocking?

Ognort
01-25-2014, 07:07 AM
I have never been to Amador so this might seem a dumb question. It sounds like the lake level / condition is similar to Folsom. It also sounds like they are still dumping planters in the lake? If it is "so low" does it make sense to keep stocking with fish? A shrinking lake can only support so many fish, right? Or, is the lake that big / deep and it is just the launches that are affected right now? Any ideas? Just wondering?

dilbeck
01-25-2014, 07:26 AM
I have never been to Amador so this might seem a dumb question. It sounds like the lake level / condition is similar to Folsom. It also sounds like they are still dumping planters in the lake? If it is "so low" does it make sense to keep stocking with fish? A shrinking lake can only support so many fish, right? Or, is the lake that big / deep and it is just the launches that are affected right now? Any ideas? Just wondering?

Large, no. Deep, yes. It's a put and take lake. They put them in, people take them out.

I know that Amador has a good crappie and bass population as well as disc golf course, but I'd have to assume that Amador makes most of its money from trout fisherman in the late fall, winter, and early spring. So if they don't put the trout in, they don't make revenue.

Jfitalia
01-25-2014, 11:44 AM

It makes complete sense financially to keep stocking. If they stop stocking then people stop catching. When people aren't catching fish then they'll stop going. When people stop going, the lake stops making money. When a business stops making money... well I think you get point.

You also need to remember that amador raises their own fish. Right now their rearing ponds are drying up and losing oxygen. That's the reason for the increase in stocking numbers but smaller fish. They would rather stock the fish than have them die in the ponds.

stefanoflo
01-25-2014, 11:52 AM
I see that Jacson Creek goes into Amador . does that creek have fish in it ???and what creek is it that comes out of it???

crawdaddundee
01-25-2014, 01:49 PM
It comes out of the sewage treatment plant up the hill

Jfitalia
01-25-2014, 02:06 PM
It comes out of the sewage treatment plant up the hill

What are talking about? There are 2 streams that flow into amador. Jackson which is controlled by the county and Carson which comes from Pardee. The only real time water flows out is when the lake spills over the spillway.

There are fish in Jackson but you can't get to it by foot. It's also closed to fishing right now.

PapaGreg
01-25-2014, 02:22 PM
The city of Jackson discharges treated sewage into Jackson creek.

Chrome Seeker
01-25-2014, 03:15 PM
The city of Jackson discharges treated sewage into Jackson creek.

My father in law works for the water utility up there and about fell over when I told him I fished Amador..LOL he said the same thing.

crawdaddundee
01-26-2014, 06:08 AM
My father in law works for the water utility up there and about fell over when I told him I fished Amador..LOL he said the same thing.
How did you think those trout got so fat?

NaughtyFlashLures
01-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Define treated sewage. Are we talking kinda runny chocolate ice cream, or the cleaner than tap water that they irrigate the local park with?

Chrome Seeker
01-26-2014, 06:32 PM
I fish the crap out of that lake either way:rollingstones:

Reel Fun
01-26-2014, 06:35 PM
When they say fishing has gone to chit.....they mean it!! RF

monkey916
01-26-2014, 06:42 PM
corn scented power bait should really get'em then....

Reel Fun
01-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Take matches along in your boat!! Because along with ditch pickles......they have sewer pickles!! RF

Jfitalia
01-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Take matches along in your boat!! Because along with ditch pickles......they have sewer pickles!! RF

You guys need to grow up. All these one liners are crap.:action-smiley-035:

NaughtyFlashLures
01-26-2014, 07:52 PM
You guys need to grow up. All these one liners are crap.:action-smiley-035:

I was being serious. If they've been pumping hershey's kisses into the lake I kinda want to wash my boat...

49erbassman
01-26-2014, 08:06 PM
I was being serious. If they've been pumping hershey's kisses into the lake I kinda want to wash my boat...

He was trying to be funny with "crap" ;). But as usual J came up "short" hahaha

Fish on!

NaughtyFlashLures
01-26-2014, 08:12 PM
He was trying to be funny with "crap" ;). But as usual J came up "short" hahaha

Fish on!

I didnt miss the "crap" reference, I just wanted another shot at potty humor...

And from potty humor to hobbit jokes we go!

You're the man j, or half of him anyway.

Reel Fun
01-26-2014, 08:13 PM
That's one way to keep quagga mussels out of their lake!! RF

dilbeck
01-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Haven't laughed that hard in a long time, thanks gentlemen!

monkey916
01-26-2014, 08:18 PM
keep the first part here... and put the rest in campfire for further developement...

Katfish
01-26-2014, 08:27 PM
And from potty humor to hobbit jokes we go!

You're the man j, or half of him anyway.

And Short-J joke of the month goes to.... :grin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

DRF
01-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Gives Crappie a whole new meaning

Reel Fun
01-26-2014, 08:33 PM
My friends have always said that was a piss poor "chitty" lake!! RF

Reel Fun
01-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Xdelete

I thought you were supposed to hit the delete button.....not type it?

Katfish
01-26-2014, 08:45 PM
I thought you were supposed to hit the delete button.....not type it?

Using tapatalk dude. Won't let me :(

BIG FIN
01-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Bank of Amador sign says "All deposits welcome":plumber:

Jfitalia
01-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Xdelete

Sounds like your tapatalk is crappy as well. At least yours work. I haven't been able to sign on with tapatalk for weeks. It doesn't seem to be able to connect to the server.

Jfitalia
01-26-2014, 10:26 PM
And Short-J joke of the month goes to.... :grin:

I don't know man, there were some really good ones on the camp fire board. They were on the virtual baby shower for Chrissy and I. Lol

Katfish
01-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Sounds like your tapatalk is crappy as well. At least yours work. I haven't been able to sign on with tapatalk for weeks. It doesn't seem to be able to connect to the server.

Nah I love my tapatalk. Only negative thing I can think of is not being able to delete posts but I don't mind. I like making you guys do a little extra work here and there ;)

Katfish
01-26-2014, 10:38 PM
I don't know man, there were some really good ones on the camp fire board. They were on the virtual baby shower for Chrissy and I. Lol

Yeah I saw those your right they were better. This one was just unexpected caught me by surprise got a good laugh out of it haha