PDA

View Full Version : what of the rafters and kaykers

stefanoflo
01-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Just wondering
with the lakes and res . really cutting back in flows
what agree ments do the raft companies have with the water control Folks like PGE . will they still release large amount of water on the weekends to satisfy the rafting companies or will they suffer like the rest of us?? and be forced to deal with low flows???white water rafting is`nt white without large flows or is it???
:fishing:

LURKER916
01-25-2014, 03:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Probably not going to have big days on the American or any drowning a this year.
Will have more trash available in shallower water for river clean up days.
But then the dirtbag will be all over the river dumping their trash so it will remain a mess.

Matt

stefanoflo
01-25-2014, 07:49 PM
yea knowing some of the lame brains out there . they might call 911 for a trapped swimmer or rafter stuck on a spring mattress .
or better yet
They might Actually find the bodies when they do hit the river and drown.
:hitoverhead:

fishingfrieda
01-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Looks like the boat races will. Not be back to folsom this yr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

LURKER916
01-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Boat races at Folsom were the only reason we had water in Folsom as late as we did last year.
Sad they won't be there this year..... More like car races where the lake used to be...

Matt

salmonid
01-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Stefanoflo,

If the Corps and water districts don't care about people with $40,000 boats I don't think they are going to give many cfs to people with rafts and yaks?

We all get screwed, but the fish most of all!

Best,

wearegods1
01-26-2014, 12:01 AM
yea knowing some of the lame brains out there . they might call 911 for a trapped swimmer or rafter stuck on a spring mattress .
or better yet
They might Actually find the bodies when they do hit the river and drown.
:hitoverhead:

Easy now, I'm a diver with DART and we recover most of the victims that are reported. I do like the quote on the spring mattress. lol