PDA

View Full Version : Any news from Los Vasqueros?

azncowman
01-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Planning on taking my brother out for some trout fishing this weekend.

3,000 lbs of trout planted there the past 2 weeks!! :smiley_crazy:

Fisherman209
01-29-2014, 04:14 PM

If you are going to fish from the bank then definitely fish the south cove. If you are going to rent a boat and troll, I would stick with Cowboy cove and the south cove. They offer half off on rentals during the week. If you scroll through the recent posts for this month there are several posts about the action at LV. We caught a 5.51 pound trout out of cowboy cove at LV last week. Good luck!

ncreys
01-29-2014, 06:50 PM

If youre going to bank fish i would suggest you fish the south cove I would suggest either fishing the very end of the south cove near the trees or fish the middle of the bank in front of the cement road that goes into the water. :trout:

azncowman
01-29-2014, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.

Any ideas what they're biting on right now?

Hoping to catch limit for my 6 year old brother. He was disappointed we didn't catch anything at Del Valle last sunday.

Fisherman209
01-29-2014, 11:24 PM
The trout there are very partial to garlic scent. Get yourself some garlic power bait and soak that in the south cove.

If you want to try lures, I have found that blue faux lures in fire tiger color & jointed rapala (J7 or J5 size) in the same color work.

If you check in at the marina they are pretty good about giving the latest information too.

I think soaking garlic PB will be your best bet.

Just a tip: If you are going on a weekend make sure to get there when they open at 7am be uses this place can get busy in the south cove. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk