PDA

View Full Version : Sly Park Super Bowl Sunday

toomanyhobbies
02-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Better late than never. Hit Sly Park for a bit before the game. Fished chartreuse pb from shore. Brought home the best looking stringer of bows i've had in a while. Lake level is continuing to drop (shocker) with the cove by the ramp almost gone. Been hit or miss up there lately but sunday was a very good trip. Two largest were 16.5 in and fat the others were between 13-15in. 18888

monkey916
02-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Better late than never. Hit Sly Park for a bit before the game. Fished chartreuse pb from shore. Brought home the best looking stringer of bows i've had in a while. Lake level is continuing to drop (shocker) with the cove by the ramp almost gone. Been hit or miss up there lately but sunday was a very good trip. Two largest were 16.5 in and fat the others were between 13-15in. 18888
nice fish... thanks for the report tmh...

Jfitalia
02-05-2014, 10:13 AM
those are some good looking bows. We don't hear a lot of good reports from shore anglers there.

mryosemite
02-05-2014, 11:58 AM
I'll be honest, maybe I'm just profiling, but I don't trust a lake called Sly Park. Sounds shady.

Nonetheless, congrats on the fish, good day.

Brutus20
02-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Well done TMH. Very nice looking limit of trout. Dont you just love that taking home a full stringer of trout feeling. But quite frankly I'm not sure i remember what it does feel like.

Thanks for posting..................Brutus...

toomanyhobbies
02-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Thanks! I was certainly proud of that stringer. Those are hard to come by at Sly Park. Fish it mainly cause i'm close and it's free. Best part was I called my shot, told the wife I'll be back in a bit with a limit. She laughed rightfully so, but I laughed last.

Rugby Lock
02-05-2014, 02:24 PM
I'll be honest, maybe I'm just profiling, but I don't trust a lake called Sly Park. Sounds shady.

Nonetheless, congrats on the fish, good day.

Would Jenkinsons be better?

:)

Fishmeister
02-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Sweet mess of bows you got there. Especially from Sly Park. That is one hit and miss lake. Is that Bulleit Rye I see behind those fish? MMMMMM MMMMM Good stuff.

toomanyhobbies
02-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Sweet mess of bows you got there. Especially from Sly Park. That is one hit and miss lake. Is that Bulleit Rye I see behind those fish? MMMMMM MMMMM Good stuff.

That is Bulleit Rye, your sir are correct it's good stuff. Favorite Whiskey or mine at the moment. There Bourbon is really good but the rye is even better imho.

sarahpee
02-14-2014, 01:06 PM
I think I might know what part of the problem is at Sly Park....I stopped by the damn in February last year, and I saw a 20lb+ mack swimming about 10 feet off shore. Tossed a pebble near him & it didn't seem to phase him at all....maybe succumbing to old age. But I had to imagine all the planter bows that guy consumed in his lifetime, many, many stringers of bows. And if there is lots of those macks in there, good luck rainbows!! Maybe peeps should start targeting the macks.