PDA

View Full Version : Pineapple upside down biscuits

SuperDave
05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Found this on another site and just had to share it.

10 maraschino cherries
1/2 stick light butter at room temp (or regular)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 (10-oz) can crushed pineapple (drained and reserve liquid)
1 (12-oz) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)

Preheat *oven to 400F. Grease a 9-inch, deep dish pie pan. Melt butter in pie pan, then add brown sugar and crushed pineapple, stirring to incorporate. Open package of biscuits. Place a cherry in the center of each biscuit and place in pan upside down on top of pineapple mixture, making sure the cherry touches the bottom of the pan. Spoon 1 teaspoon reserved pineapple juice over each biscuit. Place the pie pan inside the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. When biscuits are done, remove baking pan from the oven and cool for 2 minutes. Invert the pan onto a plate to release the biscuits. Serve warm.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/Karbil_TX/pineapplebiscuits.jpg

tc
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Looks like a tasty, very quick dessert. Yummmmmm!
:P :P :P :P

Tom

SuperDave
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm thinking of swapping the biscuits for Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls. Or maybe swapping the pineapple for diced peaches.

okie
05-18-2009, 01:03 PM
dave, i've tried to explain to you the trouble you're gettin me in with these receipes. i haven't been able to find any sugarless pineapples or peaches. just readin these raises my blood sugar. but at least i can look at the pics and dribble all over my chin.

metalmouth
05-18-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm thinking of swapping the biscuits for Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls. *Or maybe swapping the pineapple for diced peaches. *
Yum, Cinnamon rolls on top of Baked Apples!

SuperDave
05-18-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm thinking of swapping the biscuits for Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls. *Or maybe swapping the pineapple for diced peaches. *

That canned apple pie filling and a tube of cinnamon rolls, can't get any easier than that. I might even be able to do those on the boat for breakfast. :)

metalmouth
05-18-2009, 02:03 PM

That canned apple pie filling and a tube of cinnamon rolls, can't get any easier than that. *I might even be able to do those on the boat for breakfast. * :)
I may have to do that tonight for dessert! ;D

tc
05-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Throw a layer of Granola between the Pie filling and the Cinnamon Rolls, and you have Health Food. :) :) :) :)

Tom

05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Cool! That's a great idea. I see that in my future also! How do you like it with biscuit dough compared to a cake or muffin?

I saw a variation on TV where someone put slices of spam between the pineapple and 'cake'. Sounds weird and tasty at the same time... :D

SuperDave
05-19-2009, 07:30 PM
The Grands Flaky biscuits are the bomb.

Mickey_Thomas
05-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Is it low carb? ;D ;D ;D Dave, I hate you >:( ::) :P

tc
05-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Mickey, you can just skip the Biscuit part. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom

metalmouth
05-20-2009, 06:56 AM

Tom
. . . and the fruit! :-? ::) ;) 8-)

clamkin
05-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Keep it up, Dave, and we'll have to designate you the official sniffer cook for all the fests ;)

Breakfast for 100 anyone? ;D

Mickey_Thomas
05-21-2009, 04:45 AM

Tom
. *. *. *and the fruit! *:-? ::) ;) 8-)It's true MM, most fruit is high in carbs, mostly because of the sugar content :-[, but if I'm going to cheat I do it with fruit, heck, at least it's not a donut :'( :'( :'( ;)

metalmouth
05-21-2009, 04:48 AM
Yeah Mick I've got friends on the same food regime. It does work. Most of them are guys our age and they are thinner than they have been in years. You might say they lost the shed they had over the tools. ;)

okie
05-21-2009, 05:13 AM
that cake sounds really good, i was only thinkin about the sugars in the pineapple and was goin to make some, then somebody mentioned carbs. with diabetes and high choloestrol, i guess i'll just stick with rice cakes, what a bummer.

Kneedeep
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Dave, what do you do with the reserved liquid from the pineapple? I don't see where you added it anywhere later in the directions. Do you just save it for another use because it's not needed in this desert? I'll probably answer my own question, because I can't wait to try this. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

SuperDave
06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry Roger, in typing the recipe I skipped a step. I've added it now.

Kneedeep
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks Dave, I didn't drain my pineapple good enough, and by the time the biscuits were browned, the bottom was pretty soggy, so I flipped it over and sprinkled a little more brown sugar on top, then put it back in the oven on broil for 2 minutes. Bingo, I got caramelized pineapple and brown sugar on top, kinda crunchy and chewy, just like I like it. :D

I'm gonna try the cinnamon rolls and apples next time, I just gotta space these deserts out a little. I barely had room for dinner last night, ;) after eating that whole thing by myself. :o

yayafisherwoman
06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Anybody try the apple pie filling and cinnamon rolls yet???