PDA

View Full Version : Pardee filling up for the opener

GoneCountry
02-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone......getting it all together for the Pardee Opener . Called the office and everything is a go. OPEN for business this weekend. Fires allowed in the pits and a bonus the lake level increased 2 feet...Im sure it will come up even more .

onenate7
02-10-2014, 06:11 PM
That's awesome news! I've fished the opener every year fir the past 5 years and have always done well. My only concern this year is water clarity. Any idea how much it murked up from the rain? We will be trolling so mostly concerned with the main body.

Steve079
02-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I don't want to hear any moaning and groaning, about how the recent influx of water has kept you all from gettin' your limits:laugh:

One day we don't have enough, and 4 days later, its too much.

onenate7
02-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Haha. Only thing that deters me is 20plus mph wind other then that it's on! However water clarity is very important with colors/depths/speeds/locations etc. It's always nice to know what your getting into.

PapaGreg
02-10-2014, 08:42 PM
As big as Pardee is, I would think it wouldn't be to cloudy, except maybe where the Moke flows in.

Soulfisher
02-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to posting on the forum, but could use some advice on Pardee as I've never fished it before. I'd like to get out for the opener this weekend with my daughter who loves to fish, can anyone give me some good areas to troll on the lake and also what set ups and lures have typically worked best at putting fish in the boat??

Reel Fun
02-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to posting on the forum, but could use some advice on Pardee as I've never fished it before. I'd like to get out for the opener this weekend with my daughter who loves to fish, can anyone give me some good areas to troll on the lake and also what set ups and lures have typically worked best at putting fish in the boat??

They plant at the ramp and the fish stay there for awhile. They will plant in the days prior to the opener but as close to the ramp as possible the better. From shore is pretty good with small lures and power bait just look for the crowds. I would leave the boat home?

PapaGreg
02-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Cruised by Pardee yesterday, looks like they can still plant from the launch, the marina and EBMUD boat house have been moved, don't know where the boathouse went. Water level came up, but shore access will be at a premium, a lot less access than normal.

GoneCountry
02-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I have a previous post showing water level prior to storm.. Pardee scout. I am getting very excited about the trip just even to get away will be nice.

Jfitalia
02-12-2014, 04:57 PM
As big as Pardee is, I would think it wouldn't be to cloudy, except maybe where the Moke flows in.

The clarity is usually fine mid lake. However I would say 90% of these folks want to fish the rec cove area. That place muddies up very very fast. If the lake only rose 2 ft then the area probably wont be fishable anyways.

I wonder why Pardee only rose 2ft while amador rose 11ft?

Reel Fun
02-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Pardee is 5 times bigger n deeper?

PapaGreg
02-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Holy crap, am I missing something? Stockton record reports Pardee close to spill level! It must have filled up FAST from Monday!

Troutbead
02-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Holy crap, am I missing something? Stockton record reports Pardee close to spill level! It must have filled up FAST from Monday!

pictures we need pictures:APS_camera:

PapaGreg
02-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I's like pics too! I read it in the Fish Finder report by Pete ottensen, wonder where he got his info?:frown:

Jfitalia
02-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Pardee is 5 times bigger n deeper?

Folsom is bigger than both and it went up more than 2 feet. ..

Reel Fun
02-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Folsom is bigger than both and it went up more than 2 feet. ..

Folsom had 30K cfs from all the low snow melt on the last big rain and 2 forks of drainage coming in. Pardee is narrow but deep and is regulated by EBMUD closely

onenate7
02-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Close to spill? Hmmm. Doesn't seen possible

RideNfish
02-13-2014, 09:42 AM
I wonder why Pardee only rose 2ft while amador rose 11ft?

Different water sheds can't be compared on lake rise. The Moke is dammed in more places than Jackson creek. Also you can have the same acre feet of water come into 10 lakes and all will raise different amounts since it is totally dependent on surface area of the lake and steepness of the banks.

I need to get out and fish. ugh....

PapaGreg
02-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Don't know where Pete Ottensen got his info, but Pardee isn't even close to spilling! Drove by earlier today and Gone Coun try's pictures tell the real story. Some campers already set-up in the rec area.

stefanoflo
02-15-2014, 12:39 AM
well from fishing that river alot the Mokelumne river on Electra rd below it . all I do know is water comes down from Tiger creek and which is up in Pioneer and thats at 39CFS right now and Very Low, I went to Lake tabeaud last week and that lake was full above Normal at the inlet .PGE is saving that for a reason
Thats lake and area is all PGE . Then that water goes out a pipe at the lake down to the PGE generator on electra and goes down the river into Pardee which is run by EBMud which also controls Padree and Camanche. Im sure whatever water went into Pardee is now in a Under ground tunnel in the bay area ,not in Pardee with the fishes.
:moneybag1:

PapaGreg
02-15-2014, 07:41 AM
stefanoflo, which day were you at Tabeau? I was there Wedensday and the level was low, but coming up, it raised close to 2 feet while I was there. You're right about the water coming from Tiger Creek, that's the north fork of the Moke and the Middle and South forks also merge with it before it flows into Pardee. The water in Tabeau is subject to rapid flucuations, depending on how much pumping PGE is doing on a particular day ortime.

stefanoflo
02-15-2014, 10:12 AM
stefanoflo, which day were you at Tabeau? I was there Wedensday and the level was low, but coming up, it raised close to 2 feet while I was there. You're right about the water coming from Tiger Creek, that's the north fork of the Moke and the Middle and South forks also merge with it before it flows into Pardee. The water in Tabeau is subject to rapid flucuations, depending on how much pumping PGE is doing on a particular day ortime.

I was there Friday Feb 7th
I fished the Inlet from Tiger
the water was so hi the 2 log barriers were under water .we did manage to catch a brown and a rainbow on worms. took most of the day however. they did plant trout on the 2nd however not sure if it was a truck plant or a bucket plant . if you want to call a bucket a plant with 5 to 6 fish in it , then again Its California.God forbid should we enjoy catch to keep or eat .

:winkfs: