PDA

View Full Version : Collins and/or Amador water clarity?

BigBass77
02-10-2014, 09:24 PM
So I'm sure both these small lakes are muddied up pretty good. Planning on doing some trolling from the kayak later in the week and just looking for a clarity report on one or both of these lakes. Thanks

Grncrestliner
02-10-2014, 09:32 PM
I have driven to Collins every day since Friday and it is muddy but probably not too muddy to fish. I will be fishing tomorrow so I hope the fish can still find a lure. The east bank and near the dam are the cleanest but that may not be where the most fish are. The water is up about 14 feet since Thursday and very muddy up by the bridge. The volume of water coming in is still high so it will get muddier for a few more days but it is also filling up and that is great.
John

PapaGreg
02-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Went by Amador yesterday, looks like chocolate milk! Talked to 3 guys fishing from shore, said they hadn't had any bites all day. Not sure if the boaters or any other bankers did any good.

BassJack
02-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Went by Amador yesterday, looks like chocolate milk! Talked to 3 guys fishing from shore, said they hadn't had any bites all day. Not sure if the boaters or any other bankers did any good.
How was the water level? Hopefully up at least a few feet?

cmcclain
02-11-2014, 09:24 AM
How was the water level? Hopefully up at least a few feet?

Here is what Amador said on their Facebook page:

"With the recent storms and the 5+ inches of rain we received, Lake Amador has come up 11 feet in 2 days and is still rising 1.5" per day!!! Though the lake is a bit muddy, I am happy to announce that we have a dock available again on our launch ramp and the walk to the lake is decreasing day by day. Lets hope these next few storms bring lots of rain again and we will see a full lake once again"

As for Collins: I was there on Sunday and it is getting pretty muddy. As someone mentioned, back over by the dam it wasn't too bad and we did fairly well from the shore with power eggs. You can see my full report back here: http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/trout-board/112066-braved-weather-collins-lake-yesterday-2-9-2014-a.html

Hope this helps some!

Grncrestliner
02-11-2014, 03:03 PM
I just returned from Collins. The lake level is now just under 35' down so it came up 13+ feet. I fished from the bridge to the dam and the water has about 1 foot visibility everywhere now. The water coming in at the bridge is a little darker than the rest of the lake. The stream is much smaller today than yesterday. There were 2 other boats on the lake and I did not see anyone land a fish. There were 3 cars near the dam and I fished that area for about 2 hours and never heard anyone land anything. I only targeted bass today and I did not even get a bite. I had to go just to see what was going on. I will be back latter this week and I am hoping that the water will clear up a little. Since this is a long weekend they may plant sometime this week.
John

BigBass77
02-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I have some vacation time to burn so I am going to put in some work this week. Going for sturgeon tomorrow on my buddies boat, kayaking Collins on Thursday for bass and possibly trout, hitting up the pardee opener on Friday, and finishing up with possibly amador for trout on saturday and the port for striper on Sunday. Want to try folsom but don't think my 2 wheel drive pickup will make it on the soft ground. Spoiling myself with big things this week, see how it goes.

jlivengood
02-11-2014, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=BigBass77;990923]finishing up with possibly amador for trout on saturday QUOTE]

Thinking of heading to Amador on Saturday myself. Have never fished that lake so thought with all this water I would give a try. Just hoping the water clears and by that time the fish are hungry, would love to hook into my first Donaldson trout.

Maybe we will see you on the water.