PDA

View Full Version : Amandor 2/11/14

C U FISHING
02-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Had a slow day of work so I decided to spent the second half of the day fishing at Amador. Fished the lake from 12-3PM. I tried bait fishing with PB, PW and on top with WB , PW behind a clear water bobber. Switched color after color for nothing. Not one bite. The water has raised since last week but it was like a big mud hole. Lots of floating logs and debris in the lake. My guess that water level has gone up about 10' since last Tuesday. I guess all I can say is that second half of my day still beats the first half even without a catch.

BigUnInDaBoat
02-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Wow, that is rough. But thank goodness we got some rain. I think I'll try Camanche tomorrow, have a new turkey to pick up in VS.

DannyM
02-12-2014, 05:38 AM
Was out there yesterday also. Fished off the bank with my buddy.
We tried everything for 4 hours past the spillway. Not one bite and
saw only 1 fish caught. Water visibility was about 2 inches at best.

Weather was awesome though and we left the fish for another day.

PapaGreg
02-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Wow, lots more junk in the water than when I stopped by Monday, guess the fishing won't be good until the water clears up.:oldangryman:

HockeyFisher
02-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Anyone with some experience at Amador that might have an idea how long it could take for the water clarity to improve? I was hoping to take my grandpa up there on Saturday but am worried the water clarity could make it a tough day of fishing combined with the fact that I've never trolled for trout before.

Jfitalia
02-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Anyone with some experience at Amador that might have an idea how long it could take for the water clarity to improve? I was hoping to take my grandpa up there on Saturday but am worried the water clarity could make it a tough day of fishing combined with the fact that I've never trolled for trout before.

I've seen it take 2 weeks to clear. It may also help to know that it is suppose to rain on saturday.

BigUnInDaBoat
02-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Man Amador muddies up so fast, maybe because it is small, the other local reservoirs I've been to recently are still gin Clear. I tried to fish it once when it was muddy like that, I somehow broke the sunk with a minijig.

HockeyFisher
02-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks jfitalia looks like a change of plans maybe in need then. We are not worried about fishing in the rain but from the sounds of it water clarity can have a huge affect on trout fishing. My grandpa cant go out often so when he can I try and make sure we can get on some fish.

BigUnInDaBoat
02-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks jfitalia looks like a change of plans maybe in need then. We are not worried about fishing in the rain but from the sounds of it water clarity can have a huge affect on trout fishing. My grandpa cant go out often so when he can I try and make sure we can get on some fish.

Melones has been kicking out some fish, that's as close to Manteca as Amador. Camanche was slow for me and others that I talked to but Pardee will also be Open

PapaGreg
02-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Swung by Amador on the way home earlier, LOTS more debris near the dam and still pretty cloudy water.

hrairguitar
02-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Dang I was gonna try there Sunday. I already had doubts with it being full moon but now this lol. Oh well..guess ill throw my 2nd pole for some cats with some liver and hope for the best. Still better than sittin at home doing yardwork or not watching football lol

lowery125
02-13-2014, 09:18 PM
best bet around this time with the water conditions is trolling 15-20ft down and near Jackson creek. the water flowing in from there is a bit clear than the rest of the lake. off the bank I would have to say that waiting a week or two would be best.

Jfitalia
02-13-2014, 11:27 PM
best bet around this time with the water conditions is trolling 15-20ft down and near Jackson creek. the water flowing in from there is a bit clear than the rest of the lake. off the bank I would have to say that waiting a week or two would be best.

Jackson Creek this year has been the dirtiest part of the lake. It's so low that once you get back there it's full of silt. I've been getting all my fish trolling 6 to 12 feet down.

Dcheezey
02-14-2014, 02:37 PM
I was there yesterday from 9 til noon. They started biting around 10:30. The dam has a lot of trash floating in the water. The water was muddy but they were still biting. I got one on a kastmaster about 15 ft out and one on rainbow power bait about 8ft from the shore. And then I had one that decided to keep my kastmaster at about 15-20 ft out. Both km hits were with no weight, just lure.