PDA

View Full Version : Another request/challenge for Dee  ;-)

spinfisher
05-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Another savory cheesecake idea - came to me when I looked in the fridge and saw 25 cucumbers from the garden, and had just had cucumber samwich for lunch and Szechuan chicken and cucumber for dinner the night before, and gave the neighbor a half dozen cukes, and brought a dozen to my knitting group, and you get the picture. :o (did you know cucumbers are related to zucchini? ;D)

Anyway, I know a savory cheesecake with cukes and dill and garlic seasoning, mebbe a bit of hot zip, would be good, but the real challenge is how watery cukes are, and how they might take to baking. (There are recipes for baked stuffed cukes, so people do cook them)
How 'bout it, Dee? Can you help me? Pleeze? [smiley=worthy.gif]

CHEESECAKELADY
05-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Eilene, I know that people do cook cukes and they would probably work in a cheesecake. To keep the water content down they would need to be salted and placed in a plastic strainer or colander to leach out the moisture. This would probably take 24 hours so put them in the fridge. After that you would need to wring them out by wrapping them in a clean kitchen towel then dice them. When the cheesecake is mixed up completely, gently fold then into the mixture and bake. If you want, I can send you my recipe for savory cheesecake and you can substitute the cukes for the salmon or even put both in. I know I posted my recipe last year.

Dee

spinfisher
05-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I Knew I could count on you to come through! :D

I'll look for your post from last year - I just didn't know what to do to modify it - I'd appreciate the recipe sent to me, or posted again, in case I can't find the previous post (I'm kind of forum klutzy :-/)

Thanks, Dee!

CHEESECAKELADY
05-16-2009, 09:19 PM
You are welcome Eilene. My savory cheesecake recipe is on page 6 of this section "Cooking Your Catch. If you have any questions, let me know, okay? Good luck. You can cut the recipe down if you need to but cut it by the number of 8oz. cream cheese packages you use. If you just use one block of cheese, then use one egg,ect.

Dee