PDA

View Full Version : Trolling report for pardee opener

onenate7
02-15-2014, 06:24 PM
On the water at 645, trolling out of the rec area and had some punk with aluminum burgundy/tan crestliner run right up the back of our boat and catch 2 off our 4 lines with brand new j9 rapalas in his prop!! This was after we yelled numerous times that we had the lines out, but he wasn't paying any attention. He proceeded around us with our lines still attached to his boat and didn't say anything at all until I snapped! What a piece of !$&$ !!! He said oh sorry, I didn't see your guys boat! I was ready to yank him out of his boat at that point. Idiots shouldn't own boats. If your a sniffer or a lurker I will never forget you out your boat, didn't offer to stop and let us get our lures back or offer to pay for them and then gunned it out of the 5mph zone. Sooo needless to say or day started off terrible! After retying and puting out of the no wake zone we proceeded to the river arm where we trolled the entire kitchen sink, different depths, colors, sizes, Locations etc. Tough tough tough! Total for the day was 1 small koke, 1 nice largemouth, and 2 MONSTER squawfish. 1 of which is currently sitting on ice till Monday for dfg to approve a possible record, it weighed 13.84lbs on a certified scale and the current record is 13.5. So we will see what happens. This is 2 years in a row that we haven't caught any rainbows on the opener while trolling, last year we caught 3 really nice browns though. I believe this is due to them not planting during the off season and that when they do plant the amount of people sitting right at the planting spot hurts then from having a chance to get to the main body abd become holdovers. The bank fisherman in the rec cove were slaying them! We watched about 50 plus trout get caught in 20 min when we pulled the boat out of the water. People were lined up shoulder to shoulder. Not really my style but to each their own. I won't go back for a month or 2. By the way we didn't see a single net fly all day abd everyone we talked to had either 1 fish or none, mostly none and not even a bite. If you go good luck, abd if you want to catch fish straight out of a barrel they are they for the taking off the bank right out of the truck. Sorry if my report seems as if I'm irritated, it's probably because I am :). Not my ideal day for my old favorite lake on the opener but we still got out there and ended having some fun. Until next time. Good luck to all, except the guy in that crestliner. Lol. Nate's rant is over now. Lol.

sollimes
02-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the report and sorry about the incident. That's one of the reasons why I don't fish pardee and Amador anymore.
Congratz on the squaw fish (no pic)?

onenate7
02-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks. I have pics but have never looked into how to post them lol. If someone wants to take the time to explain how I have a lot of pictures I'd like to put on the boards

Prettyman01
02-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Dude that's weak sauce! Mojo buster for sure! If karma allows, he's gonna have problems with his lower unit seal and/or hub from ur line wrapped up in the prop at some point. Sorry about ur luck man. Pretty cool about the squaw fish tho. Heck of a way to make it into the record books but hope u get it.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

salmonid
02-16-2014, 03:44 AM
That's a huge squawfish! I didn't know they got that big.

pm sent for pics help.

Best,

GoneCountry
02-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Thats why I wait for the crowds to leave then I go. Get the low down from my scout today he was there yesterday. Had his go pro in tow.

heatsource
02-16-2014, 06:37 AM
bummer about getting cut off.
i'd just assume people will drive how they want and not let out lots of line until away from the launch area?

Ive caught some 10#+ squaw fish never even gave one thought to there being a "record" for such fish...

fish_junky
02-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the report but sorry to hear about the idiot. For many many years I always fished the opener and caught limits every time in the River arm and main lake. The last three years though the bite was really bad. This year I decided to skip the opener.

onenate7
02-16-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm telling you, I know this lake really well. It's declining every year. It's truly sad, it's a great lake for fishermen. The koke are thriving but I think there's too many of then because the size is smaller then any lake I've ever fished.

salmonid
02-16-2014, 04:25 PM
onenate7: Here are your pics...

Good luck with the state record! Are they open on Monday even though it's a holiday?

Best,

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/members/salmonid/albums/random-pix/19051-pm3.jpg

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/members/salmonid/albums/random-pix/19050-pm2.jpg

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/members/salmonid/albums/random-pix/19049-pm1.JPG

onenate7
02-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Thanks for getting those up for me. Totally forgot about the holiday, I'm sure they will be closed

PapaGreg
02-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Salmonid, Pardee is open every day during the season!

Onenate7, totally agree, Pardee used to be my favorite lake but it has definiteley slipped a few spots, IMHO. I'm going to give it another shot, but my hopes aren't high.

Reel Fun
02-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Can you fish from a boat in the "no wake zone"? I usually get way back behind the boat when top lining like 200ft or more.....not making excuses but I would not start trolling before I was out of the no wake zone for sure. Still sucks that a guy cant see if a guy has lines out and breaks him off...and worse does not kill his motor raise it up and give back the lures!! RF

onenate7
02-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Ya it's legal and sometimes is a great spot to start at pardee, sometimes big browns come in to feed on the small dfg planters. There was plenty of room to go around us, he just want paying attention to his surroundings.