PDA

View Full Version : Amador for Presidents' Day.

Dcheezey
02-19-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm still new to this fishin stuff. I've only been trout fishin since I started in November. And have only caught a grand total of 3. I've been out about 10 times and got skunked most of them. I caught a nice 16" planter at Folsom and another 16"er and a 12"er at Amador. Then my luck turned on at Amador on Monday. We got 6 off the dam, in the corner by the dock, with rainbow power bait. My 10yo got an 18"er and 2 14"ers. My 8yo got a 17"er and a 14"er. I got a 16"er. This was their first time ever catching fish. Nothing beats the look on their face when the realize what's going on. And my 10yo just gets it. He was telling all of us when we had something on. It was a great day. Not so good for anybody else on the dam, but that happens.

cmcclain
02-19-2014, 10:14 AM
I'm still new to this fishin stuff. I've only been trout fishin since I started in November. And have only caught a grand total of 3. I've been out about 10 times and got skunked most of them. I caught a nice 16" planter at Folsom and another 16"er and a 12"er at Amador. Then my luck turned on at Amador on Monday. We got 6 off the dam, in the corner by the dock, with rainbow power bait. My 10yo got an 18"er and 2 14"ers. My 8yo got a 17"er and a 14"er. I got a 16"er. This was their first time ever catching fish. Nothing beats the look on their face when the realize what's going on. And my 10yo just gets it. He was telling all of us when we had something on. It was a great day. Not so good for anybody else on the dam, but that happens.

That's awesome. Keep at it! It certainly is addictive and there's not many other feelings like a tight line with a fish fighting. It's especially great to see kids having so much fun fishing, way to put them on the fish! These are trips that they'll remember the rest of their lives. I know I still do.

Kaban12
02-19-2014, 10:17 AM
We'll done man! Congrats to your boys also.

Dcheezey
02-19-2014, 10:24 AM
It was a blast. There was a point where I had no poles in the water cause they all needed hooks. We caught all that in about 45 mins.

Jfitalia
02-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Great stuff man! Keep it up and those kids will be hooked for life.

Brutus20
02-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Good job brother!!! You got yourself some good looking boys. Some of my best memories are fishing with my sons and 30 plus yrs later its still a blast. Thanks for posting

..............Brutus....

redneckpunk
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
The smiles on their faces say it all

~RNP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RideNfish
02-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Way to go Dcheezey and kids! It is very cool that you are sticking at it with a slow start and now you have been rewarded. You will get better and better and keep reading forums like this and pick up tips all the time. Also report here good or bad and with consistency you will get more info from others. The best teacher of course is rods in the water.

Cool stuff.
Cheers,

Dcheezey
02-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys. It's definitely my new addiction. Taking the kid again tomorrow to folsom. Let see if my girls can get some this time. Might even go sturgeon fishing on Saturday. Hi my names David and I'm addicted!

fat fish
02-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Nice report and great memories to ur family...my nephew was out there today and caught two bass on power eggs lol no trout tho.