PDA

View Full Version : Folsom (granite bay)

crawdaddundee
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Just stopped by to have a lookeloo. Boat ramp way good to go. Hundreds of fish popping all around boat ramp area. F&G just put a s pile of trout in there. Bunch of people knocking them out. Word was that yesterday they put in all biggins up to 16in. and today another load of runt size trout. For those of you that like to catch these little buggers. Best thing is to get the kids out there for some fun. Should be pretty good action for a good week or so.

aka Americansteel
02-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Thank you for the info. I'm interested in the fish that pop on the popping trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49erbassman
02-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Damn I was hoping word didn't get out too much about the plants. Trying to get my kids on some truck fish for fun but by the weekend it's all fished out

Thanks for the update Jack

Fish on!

49erbassman
02-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Thank you for the info. I'm interested in the fish that pop on the popping trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1!!!

Fish on!

Dcheezey
02-19-2014, 04:54 PM
I'll be there in the morning.

PinkSalmon
02-20-2014, 12:20 AM
can you fish this lake on the folsom side? i've been to folsom point twice but never saw anyone fishing. wonder if there very few fish this side or it is not legal.

Dek
02-20-2014, 07:18 AM
You can fish from the Folsom Point side, but with the water so low hard to say if it would be good. We have caught fish there the handful of times we have tried over the years. Saw a kid with about a four pounder one time!

win1903
02-20-2014, 12:35 PM
What was the water clarity like on the Granite Bay side?

Dcheezey
02-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Water clarity wasn't bad. There are just a lot of small fish. All we caught were around 6 to 8 inches long.

USMCmatt
02-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I need to get my 8 year old boy of the video games for some fishing. He's been cooped up for the winter, but I think I'll get him out there tomorrow.

sportfisher
02-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Those truck trout never had a chance! That's cool to put ur kids on them, that's about the only reason why I could think to fish for them! As an adult it's not very sporting nor interesting. Cost of gas and park fee, it's cheaper to buy them at the store!

Tjreptiles
02-20-2014, 05:59 PM
I know I sound like an idiot but can I ask what boat ramp your talking about?

49erbassman
02-20-2014, 06:50 PM
I know I sound like an idiot but can I ask what boat ramp your talking about?

He has (granite bay) in the title of the thread;)

Fish on!

Jay R
02-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Those truck trout never had a chance! That's cool to put ur kids on them, that's about the only reason why I could think to fish for them! As an adult it's not very sporting nor interesting. Cost of gas and park fee, it's cheaper to buy them at the store!

These small fish (sub-catchables) were put in for a new put and grow program. They were not planted with the intention of providing a sporting fishery right now. They were planted to provide a quality sport fishery into the future. If you catch one, turn them loose and come back for them next season when they are all grown up.

Jfitalia
02-21-2014, 05:54 PM
These small fish (sub-catchables) were put in for a new put and grow program. They were not planted with the intention of providing a sporting fishery right now. They were planted to provide a quality sport fishery into the future. If you catch one, turn them loose and come back for them next season when they are all grown up.

exactly!!!!!! I see no reason in catching those fish! If you want truck trout then go fish Howe, hagan, mather, land park ect.... Those places are freaking free. Lets these fish grow so that folsom can finally be worth the $22 it cost me to launch with my boat. It's damn near the price of amador.

fat fish
02-22-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow morning...I will report back...we will be trolling in a 14' Klamath w my son...say hi if u c us

wearegods1
02-23-2014, 08:45 AM
I went out Thursday for just a couple hours. In 2 hrs, we caught 3 nice trout 16-18", released a dinky trout, released a small king, and had 3LDR's. Made it fun because I forgot my nets!!! Top lure was a glow bikini Shasta Tackle Cripple Lure trolled 6' down 100' back at 3mph. Lots of debris still making it tough.

fat fish
02-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Beauty of a day...fishing on the other hand was all dinky trout...no kings...if u like to catch lil 8"ers fish by the ramp w a kastmaster...I feel bad for those fish since there was like 20 people catching and releasing em...saw a few get picked off by the birds after some poor releases also...little to no wind and 70+ degrees...perfect