PDA

View Full Version : The Wunder Boner.

MB_Kevin
03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
They were talking about this thing on the radio today. * They thought it was funny when the guy says "My wife will like that" *;D :D *I had to look it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ79pCJBcJ8

metalmouth
03-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Not to many people replying to this one! :o ::) ;D

Prowler
03-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I have one of those, but I don't use it enough to warrant having it. I tried
selling it , but I just got laughed at. Heck, I've even tried giving it away, but I get no love. Hopefully, one of these days, someone will realize that so much good can come from one of these, and take it home forever. Hopefully [smiley=winkfs.gif]

Jetspray
03-24-2009, 07:22 PM
If you are at the P-Fest I will show you one, I have had it for 20+yrs and only tried it once with less than stellar results. I get a kick out of seeing the video though.....Jetspray

metalmouth
03-24-2009, 07:27 PM
I have one of those, but I don't use it enough to warrant having it. I tried *
selling it , but I just got laughed at. Heck, I've even tried giving it away, but I get no love. Hopefully, one of these days, someone will realize that so much good can come from one of these, and take it home forever. Hopefully [smiley=winkfs.gif]
I'd like to have one for my fishing tackle collection. Not enough to pay for it however. ;D

MB_Kevin
03-24-2009, 09:11 PM
They were having a topic on the top 10 infomercials on the talk show I listen to in the morning. They played the sound of the video and I had to look it up. It don't even look like it would work from the video. It don't even look like they want you to think it would work from the video. :P I can see bones cracking off and a big mess but thought it was funny. The Wunder Boner didn't make the top 10.

metalmouth
03-25-2009, 04:47 AM
It probably had some "stiff" competition from the likes of the Sham Wow! ;D

Jetspray
03-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Cooking stuff only MM how about the "Slap Chop"?......Jetspray

metalmouth
03-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Cooking stuff only MM how about the "Slap Chop"?......Jetspray
I do have that thing that has a bunch of knives that come out of a handle to tenderize meat.

The slap chop used to be sold by a gourmet kitchen supply company. I use it for chopping my rosemary into a small rough chop before I bottle it. It works well for chopping nuts so they don't fly all over when I'm baking too. The cheese grater is great for Parmesano Regianno but I wouldn't use it for soft cheeses like the ad shows. ::)

MB_Kevin
03-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Those were both on the list. They are still working on it with text votes. Today was between Oxy clean and the clapper. They are going way back.

I think the Sham Wow is up near the top to be decided on later. ;D I don't get to hear the whole show because sometimes I have to stop and work. They keep me entertained while I drive off to the middle of no where everyday. I wish they were on after 10AM.

metalmouth
03-25-2009, 09:36 PM
That's too rich. A girl friend called and she was watching some morning show where they went back and tried the ads as seen on TV. Most of that stuff is bunk. Shamwow didn't get up the cola using normal carpet and the levi glue pulled right apart. ;D

MB_Kevin
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I know that counter is to clean to have been soaked up by the sham wow under the carpet. *;D
If I get a chance to hear what win's I will tell you. It is just from listeners who text in.

swikmo
03-26-2009, 05:42 AM
on the sham-pow........(sry 4 the side-jack mb)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPLrm3Omkjg

Rusty_Hooks
03-26-2009, 09:29 AM
just checking.... ;).

have you ever listened to the words that the slap chop guy is saying...it's really pretty funny

metalmouth
03-26-2009, 12:16 PM
I had a girl friend once who bought me that pasta pan with the holes to strain it though the lid . . . ::) I pointed out that there is over 30 Caphalon pans hanging from the pan racks. She just said she thought it was cute. ::) :-? ;D

metalmouth
03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I forgot, someone bought me the pedipaws when I got my dog. She doesn't like it and it takes forever. By pet nail trimmers. ;D

MB_Kevin
03-27-2009, 10:49 AM
The Sham-Wow won! With the snuggie in a close second. ;D

What about that pasta cooker that is a tube you put your pasta in then add boiling water and close and it gets cooked perfectly. I only tried it once but the spaghetti was still hard and all stuck together.

metalmouth
03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
I figured the Sham Wow would be at the top with all the money they spend. :)

*What about that pasta cooker that is a tube you put your pasta in then add boiling water and close and it gets cooked perfectly. *I only tried it once but the spaghetti was still hard and all stuck together.

I always wondered about those tubes. Makes sense the pasta would stick together. *:-/ Well at least those Miracle Dusters work. *;D

MB_Kevin
03-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Volleyball pictures are bad, but a thread titled Wunder Boner by Master Baiter is ok. What the heck gives here?
[smiley=rotfl2.gif]
You have a perverted mind All Fish. ;D

Today on another station they were crank calling people using only the voices from the slap chop and shamwow infomercials. I was hoping to find it online but I can't. It was funny.

AllFishNoWork
03-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Volleyball pictures are bad, but a thread titled Wunder Boner by Master Baiter is ok. What the heck gives here?
[smiley=rotfl2.gif]

metalmouth
03-28-2009, 04:40 AM
[smiley=rotfl2.gif]
Cracking yourself up huh? ;D

Jetspray
03-28-2009, 05:00 AM
Hey I have one of those pasta tubes and they work if you limit the amount of pasta and make sure you use very hot water and kinda shake it a little. It also is not a microwave so wait a little before emptying. It does also work on veggies unless you like yours like mush with no crunch and color......Jetspray

MB_Kevin
03-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey I have one of those pasta tubes and they work if you limit the amount of pasta and make sure you use very hot water and kinda shake it a little. It also is not a microwave so wait a little before emptying. It does also work on veggies unless you like yours like mush with no crunch and color......Jetspray

That must be it that the water was not hot because I was expermenting using my 200 degree instany hot water dispencer. I always was going to try it again with super hot boiling water.
Thanks Jetspray I will check it out again.

metalmouth
03-28-2009, 07:32 PM
See I was thinking, well now I don't have to worry about buying that pasta tube . . . :D

MB_Kevin
03-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I will let you know MM. I was just thinking how cool it would be to be able to throw some spaghetti into the tube. Put in some of my instant hot water and bam. Perfectly cooked spaghetti. It works with the cup of noodles. ;D
If I still have to boil the water Im not sure how much of a help it will be but want to try it out and see.

Jetspray
03-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Fellas I only have a popup camper with a two burner stove. Everthing that takes up space needs to work or it does not come along. It does work just fine. No room for the Slap Chop though, I'll stick to the knives I have for that......Jetspray

DazShooter
03-30-2009, 01:46 PM
The Sham-Wow won! *With the snuggie in a close second. * ;D

What if you took the Sham-Wow material and made a Snuggie out of it? We could call it the "Shug-gie".
Imagine you put on your blanket-like robe. You're on the sofa watching a movie when you spill your cola. What to do??!?!?! The paper towels are too far away. Leaning on your fire safety skills learned in elementary school, you "Stop, Drop and Roll" on the spilled cola while wearing your Shug-gie to pick up the mess.

I'm accepting offers from investors via PM. ::)

Toxic_Waste
03-30-2009, 02:53 PM
hahaha! I like that comment about rolling!

Regarding the pasta cooker, on TV the commercial says that you don't have to mess around with boiling water, but then when it shows you how to use the product, it says "just add boiling water"! :D

Jetspray
04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/pitchmen/pitchmen.html

Y'all need to watch this when it comes around....Jetspray

MB_Kevin
04-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Looks cool Jetspray!

Im bummed. Thursday 2 weeks ago the radio talk show I like to listen to said they were going on vacation and would be back on wensday. Not there on wensday and I just figured they were held up on vacation. Today I was really beginning to wunder what happened and I looked up there twitter account and I guess they don't work there anymore >:( >:(
Something must have happened. I just found them about 9 months ago but they have been there for around 5 years. Boring drives in the morning for me now. :'(

acousticrain
04-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Great commercial. I hate picking out bones from my fish so I am seriously considering buying the Master Boner, does anyone know if it is worth the purchase? Does it really take out the bones without butchering the meat? Thanks.

Kneedeep
04-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Acousticrain, it was Master Baiter that was talking about his wunder boner, so I can't speak for him, but I believe a Master Boner has yet to be discovered. But if you find one, be sure and let my wife know where you found it, because she swears they don't exist. ;)

CJC
04-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I believe a Master Boner has yet to be discovered.
Kneedeep,

You tell your lovely wife that master baiter discovered the master boner in his kitchen drawer. It consists of a knife and fork. The meat just peels of the bones when you slice the fish through the lateral line (after it's been cooked) and open it like if it's a book. [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Know if you discover a carp boner, then I might consider buying one. ;D ;D ;D

Rusty_Hooks
04-11-2009, 09:21 AM
this may satisfy the fishermen ;) :D..... about 6k for the least expensive model

http://www.worldfishing.net/product_library/product_library.ehtml?o=1597

but the swedes swear by them ::)

MB_Kevin
04-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I am seriously considering buying the Master Boner.

I was LMAO when I read that [smiley=rotfl2.gif] But I figured I would leave it alone until someone else brought it up.

innovate
04-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Great times in this thread. ;D

So to those of you that actually have this wunder boner deal - does it even work?

Roland