PDA

View Full Version : hard fight to catch a fish at lake tabeaud

stefanoflo
02-22-2014, 11:16 PM
went to lake tabeaud friday . for a bit of fish and relaxation. last time at the lake before our last large storm . water wa sway up . we did catch a brown and a bow on worms however we had no camera at that time . but we worked hard at it . this time with a camera on hand . the scenario was the same , we started at the inlet worked our way to the pump and finally after 6 hours landed 2 in 30 minutes . both on pink and white tube jigs with a redworm on the hook. seems with out the worm . it would be nothing . but when we started putting a worm with the tube, we started getting bites. and thats all you can ask is to stay busy when you fish.

Steve079
02-23-2014, 05:06 AM
Thats a pretty little lake, is that off 88? Trout look nice too! Were you banking it or floating?

PapaGreg
02-23-2014, 08:00 AM
steveo-it's about 5 miles off 88 from the town of Pine Grove.

stefanoflo, looks like the water level is still down, last time I was there it was also low.

stefanoflo
02-23-2014, 12:36 PM
steveo-it's about 5 miles off 88 from the town of Pine Grove.

stefanoflo, looks like the water level is still down, last time I was there it was also low.

Yes its still low
i see the log barriers are well above the water this day compared to last time i was there when all the log structures were well below the water, could of been that last storm we had , they released water . but right now nothing from the inlet is coming in .I would says its down maybe 10 feet maybe more, however everyone we saw caught fish . . either with power bait or worm setup. some folks we saw fishing were rigged for the bottom and a few
rigged with a bobber. and the duck's there at the lake are a menace. don`t feed them because if you do, they wont leave you alone.

:Bear_fishes:

stefanoflo
02-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Thats a pretty little lake, is that off 88? Trout look nice too! Were you banking it or floating?
we banked it . we tried a few spots then moved near the pump area. most folks were fishing near dam area that you drive over if you look at Picture 3 you will see people
thats were they were catching fish . there is parking at that spot , and restrooms near by
and it`s free and clean. when it gets warmer i will float tube it . or even kayak it when i get one.
its a good time out . :star8qo:

panther
02-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Are there any restrictions about putting a pontoon or float tube on this lake?

PapaGreg
02-23-2014, 06:56 PM
No restrictions that I'm aware of, I've seen toons, kayaks, rubber rafts and small boats there. I don't think gas motors are allowed, but electrics are fine.

stefanoflo
02-23-2014, 08:15 PM
No restrictions that I'm aware of, I've seen toons, kayaks, rubber rafts and small boats there. I don't think gas motors are allowed, but electrics are fine.

you are correct!! not gas motors allowed
Its still great place for a family time out. .
That lake is ran by PGE . they have a generator below on The Electra road area . This waters goes down to Mokelumne river ,then out to Pardee Dam as well, where you can`t even swim but can have a gas motor
Go figure!!!
Its the same water at times.