PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Lion in Vacaville

crawdaddundee
02-23-2014, 05:22 AM
Ran across this article this morning. Thought sniffers might find this interesting. Especially fish and game response..............

Vacaville Mountain Lion Sightings Prompt Warnings From City CBS Sacramento (http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/02/22/vacaville-mountain-lion-sightings-prompt-warnings-from-city/)

LURKER916
02-23-2014, 05:47 AM
Seems like the typical Fish N Game response
Mountain lions are in all the foothills. Folks just can't read the signs they leave. They wait for the parks dept to put up their signs.
Worse thing that will happen is that cat will attack someone's dog if it's off leash. Well, lesson learned, keep your dogs on leash.

And a bunch of soccer moms will talk at Starbucks about how they aren't going to take their kids there anymore. I heard some young moms that were walking on the AR Parkway once say they don't think it's safe for kids because of the sighted lion three years ago. As if a mountain lion is gonna pounce on their 5 year old.
I'd rather have mountain lions than homeless in our parks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danweasel
02-23-2014, 09:23 AM
A lion attacked a sleeping homeless guy here last year. Kinda scary actually, I had never heard of them preying on humans before.

-Dan

LURKER916
02-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Two birds one stone!
That's why there are shelters for homeless. We don't pay taxes for them to use the parks as their homes and our public lands as their toilets!

Go mountain lion. Probably didn't eat him cuz he stank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostfish_slayer
02-23-2014, 08:17 PM
cat probably scared the scat out of the homeless person.. i want to see a cat.. been so close so many times.. my most favorite animal...

nvthis
02-24-2014, 11:13 AM
cat probably scared the scat out of the homeless person.. i want to see a cat.. been so close so many times.. my most favorite animal...They are hard to see. My personal ratio for seeing bobcats to cougars is probably around 10:1. No matter, they make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Think I'd prefer to not see them at all ;) Funny story with this as well. Years back we were quail hunting up in Tehema and there was a certain tree line that we always hit and it was always productive. Around noon on the opener we head to our favorite tree line and when we got there we saw a very large cat. Then, when we got to the parking spot, we saw it again. On that day 4 big dudes with shotguns wimped out and decided, unanimously, that that spot was never that good to begin with and none of us were really that fond of it anyway. Time to find a new spot ;) That said, yeah... They can just stay hidden..