PDA

View Full Version : Pmid

Prettyman01
02-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Fished 2 till dark at pelican on Tues for one 24 inch fish slow rollin a spoon on lead core in 20 feet.

Fished sunup to sundown on Wed at Warrior, Pelican and blockhoue. Trolled Warrior and pelican and banked it at blockhouse. 4 fish to 25 inches at warrior draggin a fly on lead core on the 10 ft ledge at warrior. Tried a lot of new stuff today and those were the first LCT I've gotten like that. Lymans, spoons, flatfish and all other "go to's" never got a bite.

Prettyman01
02-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Havin issues with this thing. Sorry.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Prettyman01
02-26-2014, 09:16 PM
Fished all over the place and the bite was tough. Trolled a fly for the first time and got all my fish on em. 4 total up to 25 inches workin a 10ft ledge at warrior.

Sutter Creek
02-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Fished all over the place and the bite was tough. Trolled a fly for the first time and got all my fish on em. 4 total up to 25 inches workin a 10ft ledge at warrior.

Might go next month. Any advice for beginners from shore? Thanks Dan

okie
02-26-2014, 10:07 PM

good job mike, i gotta get out soon, cant go monday but i'm gonna get out
next week sometime.
be safe

Jetspray
02-27-2014, 05:27 AM
Might go next month. Any advice for beginners from shore? Thanks Dan
3" pepper/cream white glowing Gitizits, toss out and slow retrieve bouncing off the bottom. Good Luck.......Jetspray

Jetspray
02-27-2014, 05:30 AM

Have yet to use my trolling flies out there this year.:worthy: If the weather is good maybe a try with the boat..:clap:......Jetspray

OYD
02-27-2014, 07:21 AM
Fished 2 till dark at pelican on Tues for one 24 inch fish slow rollin a spoon on lead core in 20 feet.

Fished sunup to sundown on Wed at Warrior, Pelican and blockhoue. Trolled Warrior and pelican and banked it at blockhouse. 4 fish to 25 inches at warrior draggin a fly on lead core on the 10 ft ledge at warrior. Tried a lot of new stuff today and those were the first LCT I've gotten like that. Lymans, spoons, flatfish and all other "go to's" never got a bite.

As I was driving back to Reno on tuesday about 12:30 I saw a pickup towing a drift boat toward the lake. Was that you? I trolled the same area (Pelican to upper Separator) for a few hours tuesday a.m. for 6 fish to 24 inches. In the morning, the fish were out over deeper water since none of the shore guys were connecting and when I tried shallow they would ask if I was spotting any fish on the sonar. Even out in the deeper water, all the fish I caught were shallow and I got no hits when pulling the apex below 15 feet.

Prettyman01
02-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Yeah that was me. When I got to the ramp most guys were leaving and of the 4 boats I talked to, 2 were skunked, and the other two had a combined total of 4 fish so congrats to you sir on a good day on the water. The fish got real active in the shallows in the evening along the stretch of tufa just south of the ramp on Tues. I didn't mark a single fish on the graph. Granted its a hummingbird fishin buddy but still... Saw lots of shore guys hookin up for about 20 min and then nothing...

Prettyman01
02-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah, apologies to Dave and Richard for not fishing Tues am as planned. Had some buddies from sac show up outta the blue and it turned into a long night out on the town.

Sutter Creek
02-27-2014, 04:51 PM
3" pepper/cream white glowing Gitizits, toss out and slow retrieve bouncing off the bottom. Good Luck.......Jetspray
Thanks Jetspray I'll get some of them!

linecounter
02-27-2014, 06:00 PM
went to pyramid the first time with my fishing buddy trout slayer,met up with Fishjunky and his friend Sam, Stayed 3 days, ended up catch and releasing 21 fish all 18'' and up, one was 81/2 lbs, that I kept. Caught all fish around the mushroom area pulling watermelon apex, firetiger spoons and rainbow trout spoons.
Trolled at 2mph,between 20 and 30 ft. deep, 100 foot setback.
Like to thank Fishjunky for all the tips for a couple of rookies.
Thanks, LC

Prettyman01
02-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Nice work!

Jetspray
02-28-2014, 07:30 PM
went to pyramid the first time with my fishing buddy trout slayer,met up with Fishjunky and his friend Sam, Stayed 3 days, ended up catch and releasing 21 fish all 18'' and up, one was 81/2 lbs, that I kept. Caught all fish around the mushroom area pulling watermelon apex, firetiger spoons and rainbow trout spoons.
Trolled at 2mph,between 20 and 30 ft. deep, 100 foot setback.
Like to thank Fishjunky for all the tips for a couple of rookies.
Thanks, LC

Yes Kevin knows his stuff up there, glad you fellas were able to enjoy some of the good weather too:appledancing:........Jetspray