PDA

View Full Version : Tasty Breakfast

tc
04-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Here's a nice Breakfast Omlett with Potato's and Chorizo.

Enjoy

Tom

TORTILLA A LA ESPANOLA CON CHORIZO

½ cup olive oil
2 medium potatoes, cubed
6 eggs
salt
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 pound chorizo sausage, skinned and diced

Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the potatoes slowly until they are tender-they should not color. Meanwhile, beat the eggs lightly with the salt. When the potatoes are done, drain, reserving about 4 tablespoons of oil and add the potatoes to the eggs.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil in the skillet and sauté the onion until it is wilted. Add the chorizo and cook another couple of minutes, until the chorizo begins to give off its oil. Add this mixture to the eggs and let sit for five minutes.

ratss427
04-05-2009, 08:04 PM
heck yeah! sounds good! [smiley=banana.gif]

¿¿¿
04-06-2009, 06:31 AM
OK - someone needs to post a picture to complete their post... ;) [smiley=chowtime.gif]

SuperDave
04-06-2009, 07:28 AM
I don't think the word, "wilted" is proper cooking description. ;D ;D Maybe translucent? ;)

¿¿¿
04-06-2009, 07:56 AM
I don't think the word, "wilted" is proper cooking description. * ;D ;D *Maybe translucent? * ;)

Sure it is! Just not with onions. ;D

I think wilting is reserved for things that are green and leafy.

Have we busted your chops enough TC? :D

tc
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
You have, that's what come from trying to translate recipes on napkins so the rest of you can read them, I told you I don't type very well.
;D ;D ;D ;D
Tom

okie
04-06-2009, 04:57 PM
tc, tell them thats your omlett, you'll call it what ever you want, if they dont like it, when they fix it they can call it translucening or sauteing the onions and adjust to their taste.

SuperDave
04-06-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm just saying, no one says, "Wilted, yum, I gotta have me some of that" ;D