PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Trout Derby

Koke Machine83
02-27-2014, 03:33 PM
The Central Valley Anglers invite YOU to join them for a Trout Derby at Lake Camanche North Shore on Saturday March 22, 2014!

Fishing starts at 6:30am, weigh-in takes place at 1:00pm. Cost is $30 for CVA members / $35 for non-members. For questions please contact the club at cva@centralvalleyanglers.org or call club president Ron Byes. Here is a copy of their Derby Sign-up Sheet.

This is a private event. Camanche Recreation Company is not sponsoring this event and is not involved with the rules & regulations of the event. If you would like more information please contact the Central Valley Anglers using the information that has been provided!

Koke Machine83
03-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Any One Interested? BIG Trout being Caught at Camanche Now!!!

Jfitalia
03-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Any One Interested? BIG Trout being Caught at Camanche Now!!!

Oh man you know I am. However the baby still hasn't come yet. Working on 1 week late now.

redneckpunk
03-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Oh man you know I am. However the baby still hasn't come yet. Working on 1 week late now.

Really spicy food and a little 4x4 action will have that kid begging to make a quick exit

~RNP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starscream
03-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Is it only for people that have boats only?

Ducks247
03-06-2014, 09:31 AM
It's for bank and boaters. I believe a banker won it last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigUnInDaBoat
03-06-2014, 09:51 AM

My wife had some sourpatch kids and a 15m walk and that sent her into labor she was about a week late too. Good luck!

BigUnInDaBoat
03-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Are they just relying on the Lassen/DFG plants? or will there be a plant for this derby? I was very unimpressed with all the hype about the great trout fishing at Camanche after reading recent reports. I tried both the main lake and the pond for nada. Everyone else I had talked to was also skunked. Maybe it was an off day, but the lady at the kiosk said it's been slow.

Koke Machine83
03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
The Lassen Fish have been Awesome this year.... We have our ten fish limits every time we have been out... The Narrows have been great on the Grubs... Two weeks ago, we fished the CVA Member Only derby and lost a fish that was at least 8+ pounds come off... It wouldve won the derby. It was caught pulling a Rapala off the planer boards. The other two rods had Excel Spoons and caught the most fish... So there in there, just have to put some time on the water to learn what you can, or just PM me... I will help, try to get you some of those great Eating Lassen Trout... Hope to see some folks up there....

Robbie (Koke Machine) or (Trout Machine)... Lol

Jfitalia
03-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Are they just relying on the Lassen/DFG plants? or will there be a plant for this derby? I was very unimpressed with all the hype about the great trout fishing at Camanche after reading recent reports. I tried both the main lake and the pond for nada. Everyone else I had talked to was also skunked. Maybe it was an off day, but the lady at the kiosk said it's been slow.

They plant every week! I dont see any reason to plant any extra fish. I have limited out every time I have gone this year. As have all of my friends as well. This is the best year for camanche in several years.

Jfitalia
03-06-2014, 04:33 PM
My wife had some sourpatch kids and a 15m walk and that sent her into labor she was about a week late too. Good luck!

perfect! I will pick a bag up on the way home! hahaha

PapaGreg
03-06-2014, 05:30 PM
j-fit, isn't there supposed to be some pizza place near you that is supposed to have put several women in labor after eating there? It's been on the news, can't remember the name.

Jfitalia
03-06-2014, 05:38 PM
j-fit, isn't there supposed to be some pizza place near you that is supposed to have put several women in labor after eating there? It's been on the news, can't remember the name.

Oh man I do not want to hijack Koke Machines post! Sorry Robbie!

Yeah I think you mean Skippolinis??? Been there and tried that! I am trying to convince her that taking the boat out and fishing camanche this weekend will help induce labor! With my luck it will and we'll be 2 hours from the hospital!

NaughtyFlashLures
03-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Just have the little squirt in the boat and keep fishing. ;)

Koke Machine83
03-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Having the Baby on the Boat? That would be Interesting for You!!! Think it might be a better Option to stay closer to Home, Just remember, no fishing after the little one is born.... Mom is going to need her Rest... Robbie

HookedForLife
03-09-2014, 07:57 PM
The Lassen Fish have been Awesome this year.... We have our ten fish limits every time we have been out... The Narrows have been great on the Grubs... Two weeks ago, we fished the CVA Member Only derby and lost a fish that was at least 8+ pounds come off... It wouldve won the derby. It was caught pulling a Rapala off the planer boards. The other two rods had Excel Spoons and caught the most fish... So there in there, just have to put some time on the water to learn what you can, or just PM me... I will help, try to get you some of those great Eating Lassen Trout... Hope to see some folks up there....

Robbie (Koke Machine) or (Trout Machine)... Lol

Just wondering what color/sizes of Excel spoons seem to work. I have a ton of Needlefish types - are they effective too? If not, I will invest in Excels. Your advice will be appreciated, as I am ready to fish Camanche again. Do white grubs work better than orange? I was sold on the orange ones until I recently heard about the white ones???? My tackle box is suffering from overflow!

Koke Machine83
03-10-2014, 03:39 PM
I think the Excels come in one size... The Chart. Red Head - Water Melon - Fire Tiger - Are some of the few that have been working... Run these with a 5' leader, tied to a crane swivel... That way there will be no Line Twist. Run them off the downriggers, from 5' to 15' and troll them at 2.0 to 2.5 GPS... Smear some shad oil or gel on them, Then Hang On!!!

As for the Grubs: Yes White has been a better color this year. I put a yellow or Orange or Pink Power Egg in front... 3" grubs are the best... Hope this Helps...

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Koke Machine83
03-10-2014, 03:55 PM
O K ... Here is the Skinny on the Derby... March 22, 2014 North Shore Ramp

Three Fish Weigh In... Per Person... Everyone in the Boat has to be a Entrant. There is a side pot that is included, But you have to decided to weigh in Big Fish With Out be included in the three fish Stringer... So if you have a Big Fish, it's your decision to weigh it alone or with the stringer...
Fishing from the Bank is allowed, Just No Fishing from the South Shore Pond...
The Payouts are: Three Fish Stringer: 1st - 7th --- BIG Fish Pays one Spot
Fishing Starts at 6:30am, Weigh in starts at 1:00pm and have to be in line by 2:00pm...
Cost: $35 for Non Members --- $30 for Members
Derby is by Weight...
You can pay online (centralvalleyanglers.org) or someone will be at the North Shore Ramp Launching Area at 6:00am
You can also go to the Fishermans Friend in Lodi to Pay...
Contact the Fishermans Friend at (209) 369-0204
I have the flyer, so if anyone has a question, Please PM me... Thank You
Hope to see some sniffer's up there

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Koke Machine83
03-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Who's coming up?