PDA

View Full Version : New pardee record rainbow

Tyeechinook
02-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Anybody seen pics of this fish? Heard it was around 16 lbs. curious if it's fins were full or rounded...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BondoBaltzell
02-27-2014, 06:18 PM
NorCal Fishing News: Record trout caught at Pardee (http://www.norcalfishingnews.com/stories/record_trout_caught_at_pardee?id=1257)

BigUnInDaBoat
02-27-2014, 06:50 PM
It's bugs me when they plant a 16lb fish, it gets caught within days of planting, and it's labeled a new lake record...what a joke. That is my honest opinion. Look at that tail, lol. I understand pardee is managed as put in take, but there are HUGE holdover trout in that lake.

LURKER916
02-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Fins are a bit rounded.....
But it's a big one..... Sure he has stoked when he got it.

Matt

Porem
02-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Man some of those big planters are ugly. Nice big fish but not exactly something I would want mounted in my living room.

BIG FIN
02-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Man some of those big planters are ugly. Nice big fish but not exactly something I would want mounted in my living room.

Shoulda done a pic and release on that one let em live to fight another day . Tightlines BF

Jfitalia
02-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Shoulda done a pic and release on that one let em live to fight another day . Tightlines BF

Why release? He can do whatever he wants and we don't preach catch and release to anyone on here.

redneckpunk
02-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Actually, 2 fish surpassing the previous lake record were caught that week. The second was a 13.0lber.

As far as planting huge fish that set new records, its a business pure and simple. Big fish caught means more people fishing the lake means more revenue for the lake as well as local businesses. And who's to say that was a "recent" planter and not one that was planted years ago and has survived this long? We need to face the fact that in this state fishing is a business and revenue generator.

~RNP

Steve079
02-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Good for him. Every trout in that lake is a plant, who cares how long it's been swimming there? Ever see the pic's of the fish pulled form Camanche that the lucky angler is so proud of? Same deal.

BIG FIN
02-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Why release? He can do whatever he wants and we don't preach catch and release to anyone on here.

Far too much fat in that fish . Tightlines BF

Troutbead
02-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Gross:thumbdown:

BIG_ONE
02-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Too much fat in a trout? It's Omega 3!!! Only cold water species carries Omega 3 in them...if I'm not mistaken. Being released for it to fight another day? The next fight will end up on someone's table anyways. I'd take it home too. Either way...monstrous fish.

Jfitalia
02-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Gross:thumbdown:

You guys need to chill out. This is an awesome fish and the guy has a cool lake record. I see a lot of hating going on here. I don't care if you like hatchery fish or not. Give the angler some kudos and keep the negative comments to yourself. We don't need this to turn into a debate on hatchery vs wild fish.

Jfitalia
02-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Far too much fat in that fish . Tightlines BF

ummmm I don't think so. hahaha

CatchaBigOne
02-28-2014, 12:21 PM
That is a nice rainbow trout.

sollimes
02-28-2014, 12:45 PM
WOW BIG a** rainbow!

Brutus20
02-28-2014, 03:25 PM
If it wasnt for FatAss planted trout, my personal best would be a whole lot smaller!! Congrats on the record.

............Brutus...

XPL051v3
02-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Nice big planter there for sure! I'm sure it put up a fight. Let the guy do what he wants with it. Me personally I would have taken a few pictures and let it swim away, but he has a right to keep it. I'm sure he paid a pretty penny to get in and fish at Pardee.

-Xzi

luckyraider
02-28-2014, 07:12 PM
It must have grown to such a size from feeding on all those naturally reproducing Kokanee in the lake. :pirate: Gotta like the weight and all but.......well lets just say congrats and leave it at that. The hatchery was done with her so she made a memory for an angler.

Jetspray
02-28-2014, 07:26 PM
I hardly ever keep trout for the most part. It is a choice each person makes to release fish. I have seen plenty of those type fish caught in the past on many lakes. I am sure he is proud to hold a pig for once, no matter how many times others slam him for doing so. He should be happy that he was the one, that got the one, that did not get away, I'm just sayin':jasper::goodnight:.........Jetspray

CAL.NDN
02-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Hell I would love to catch a 32", 16 1/2, pounders planter tail or no tail. Yea probaly not the best for eating bit one hell a good,fight. And if he didn't keep it the next one would. But come on 16 1/2#s!!!!!!!!!! Shaweeeet. My bigest 33" 13 1/2 and a 8 inch full tail wild in a river somewhere :). Beautiful fish. But I be happy as all hell I caught that toad,and got a pic tail or no tail the weight is awsome. Good job for the guy no need for haters.

BIG FIN
02-28-2014, 10:54 PM
ummmm I don't think so. hahaha

What I meant by fat was in the meat alot of fish that size have really bad parts in them, by all means that is an awesome fish just would not want to clean it . Tightlines BF

luckyraider
03-02-2014, 11:20 AM
How much fight can you get out of a fat, out of shape hatchery rainbow with no tail? Im sorry, a cool catch yes, but a "Record"? Im surprised they didnt charge him extra. You know for all the guys out there trying to catch a real trophy rainbow(one thats been in water and has a tail and color) its almost an insult to see the DFW plant a fish like that. Still, my kudos to the angler its quite a pig hen, tail or not. IMO:pirate:

PapaGreg
03-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Guessing DFW didn't plant it, thinking more a private hatchery, DFW rarely plants anything over 2 pounds.

CAL.NDN
03-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Umm try using UL and 2 to 4 pound tess max. And believe me I caught enough big trout wild natives holdovers and planters with and with out tails to know that fish with my set up would give a great fight.

flytier
04-02-2014, 04:12 PM
These lakes (eg. Pardee, Amador .. and the others) are all "put and take" fisheries.

Catch rate spikes high right after each plant and then it tapers off very quickly because of the fishing pressure that these places all see (which is why they need to re-plant new fish into them every week).

It is unusual for a fish to survive more than a few weeks in these places so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the BIG fish in this pic had just been planted.

If that wasn't the case then they could just dump ALL their planted fish in right at the beginning of the year and let things rip.

The trick here is to have (a few?) customers believe that there are some BIG monsters swimming around in there which naturally boosts their business.

There might be a couple of fish that survived to hide in a remote corner of the lake but they wouldn't last very long in what is basically a flooded muddy hole full of very dangerous human predators.

Me, I fish these places knowing full well that any fish that I catch in there recently had little name badges :)

BIG FIN
04-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Umm try using UL and 2 to 4 pound tess max. And believe me I caught enough big trout wild natives holdovers and planters with and with out tails to know that fish with my set up would give a great fight.

Yeah ultra lights the way to go and who cares if their planted or not sure everyone would love to catch big natives but those are few and far between . Tightlines BF

Jfitalia
04-02-2014, 05:06 PM
How much fight can you get out of a fat, out of shape hatchery rainbow with no tail? Im sorry, a cool catch yes, but a "Record"? Im surprised they didnt charge him extra. You know for all the guys out there trying to catch a real trophy rainbow(one thats been in water and has a tail and color) its almost an insult to see the DFW plant a fish like that. Still, my kudos to the angler its quite a pig hen, tail or not. IMO:pirate:

Last time I checked the fish was came from water just like the rest of them.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Jfitalia
04-02-2014, 05:08 PM
These lakes (eg. Pardee, Amador .. and the others) are all "put and take" fisheries.

Catch rate spikes high right after each plant and then it tapers off very quickly because of the fishing pressure that these places all see (which is why they need to re-plant new fish into them every week).

It is unusual for a fish to survive more than a few weeks in these places so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the BIG fish in this pic had just been planted.

If that wasn't the case then they could just dump ALL their planted fish in right at the beginning of the year and let things rip.

The trick here is to have (a few?) customers believe that there are some BIG monsters swimming around in there which naturally boosts their business.

There might be a couple of fish that survived to hide in a remote corner of the lake but they wouldn't last very long in what is basically a flooded muddy hole full of very dangerous human predators.

Me, I fish these places knowing full well that any fish that I catch in there recently had little name badges :)

Pardee and camanche have a healthy holdover program. It's very common the catch some big rainbows throughout the summer at camanche.

GoneCountry
04-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Maybe when they schedule a plant they can make sure they don't plant a fish thats larger than the previous record. Still it is what it is and If it were me ...Its a Plant Record I would be proud of.

Jfitalia
04-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Maybe when they schedule a plant they can make sure they don't plant a fish thats larger than the previous record. Still it is what it is and If it were me ...Its a Plant Record I would be proud of.

That wouldn't make good business sense.

GoneCountry
04-03-2014, 06:23 PM
To me a fish that becomes a record, should be a fish who grew into that size at that lake to become a record. Not grown into that size at the fishery then plant yesterday to become a new lake record. makes zero sense I am puzzled at your statement. Business sense?

Jfitalia
04-03-2014, 10:34 PM
To me a fish that becomes a record, should be a fish who grew into that size at that lake to become a record. Not grown into that size at the fishery then plant yesterday to become a new lake record. makes zero sense I am puzzled at your statement. Business sense?

You said they shouldn't plant fish bigger than the record. ... That doesn't make good business sense. People fishing for planted trout could give 2 craps if their record trout is stocked or not. Stocking large fish that can break a record are what bring customers to the lake.

FYI the state has two categories for their trout record. They have a stock record and a native record.

Owlman2
04-04-2014, 04:57 AM
While I agree that business and money are driving this...and those factors are inevitable...I also gotta say that stocking "record" size fish seems tacky to me.

We have all become so acclimated to "put and take" fisheries (which most trout fishing in California is) that I think we are losing track of some of the subtle things that make fishing a great sport.

Say you raised a deer in a pen, feeding it and taking care of it until it grew a record sized rack. Then you turned it loose within an area with numerous hunters. It wanders around for a day or so, clueless, knowing nothing about the wild, trying to find a human to give it an apple. Then a hunter blows it away from a range of 50 feet and claims his "record"....which is recognized because it was a larger deer than the record for a "wild" deer, and the only consideration is that the ranch that raised it and the hunting club where it was shot want more hunters and more money.

Now honestly, how different is that from the stocking of record sized trout? If you can't see anything wrong with the deer hypothetical, how bout just paying your money and shooting it in the pen it was raised in? What would be the difference? Should that be a "record" too?

I recognize as well as anyone that stocking of hatchery trout is necessary in this state, or there would be no trout fishing at all. But I think to pretend the practice does not raise sporting/ethical questions is to be a bit obtuse.